Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do??

Options
  • 28-07-2011 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hi all,

I am very confused about my job situation at the moment, I'd appreciate any advice at all!

I can stay in my current line of work, but I need to make a committment to stay with it for another year in the next day or two. However, I have an interview tomorrow for a much better position, it involves more learning and career oppurtunities, chance of promotion later on, regular hours and pay etc. If I turn down my current work, I may not get the other position and have nothing. If I stay with current work, I may lose a good oppurtunity to further my career, im really confused about what to do!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Can you give more info? Is there a contract you need to sign for a year or what in your current workplace?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 trace51

Its not a contract, im self employed and I work with children, its not the kind of work you can walk in and out of, it would reflect badly on me professionally to accept the work and in a few weeks back out, aside from the fact that I just wouldn't do that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Can you stall your decision for a few days, otherwise you will have to make a decision.

you have 5 options

1. Stall the decision
    2. Sign with your current employer and then leave(you don't want to do this)
    3. Stay with your current employer
    4. refuse the offer from your current employer,take a gamble and hope you get the new job
    5. tell your current employer the situation and how you would love to stay but that you have a chance of an amazing offer( this depends on how well you get on with your employer)

Best of luck

Advertisement