Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray Air Spectacular... What did you think?

Options
  • 28-07-2011 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

*Thread about the Bray Air Spectacular 2011*

What did you all think of the bray air show this year? :D
    Some of the very skilled pilots were; Eddie Goggins in his Extra-300! and Gerry Humpherys in his VANS RV7 :) Some of the bigger jets were a City-Jet Avro RJ85( i think it was that, not too sure sorry) and an old Aer Lingus A320. The Black Nights showed us all how to parachute from a bit over 2000 feet. The Irish Rescue heli did a demenstration of a rescue at sea. Last but certinly not least, was The Blades. They were the highlight of the show and were last up. You know what they say... '' save the best for last'' :cool:
    Add all the acts which you all thought was best at the Bray Air Spectacular 2011. :D
    feel free to add some pics too :)

Who/What was your favourite at bray air spectacular 2011 16 votes

The Blades
    0%
    Aer Lingus DH-84 Iolar
    18%
    TengerWally Runsairsofter.adam 3 votes
    CityJet Avro RJ85
    6%
    vintac34 1 vote
    Eddie Goggins Extra 300
    0%
    Dave Bruton / CASA 1-131E Jungmann
    12%
    searescueAlien1977 2 votes
    Gerry Humphreys / Aviatika MAI 89
    0%
    Gerry Humphreys / Vans RV-7
    0%
    Fergus McDonnell / Pipistrel Sinus
    6%
    Arthur Daley 1 vote
    Coast Guard SAR Demonstration / Sikorsky S-61N
    6%
    christopher338 1 vote
    Aer Lingus Airbus A320 Retro Jet
    12%
    conork93clown2brown 2 votes
    Irish Air Corps
    12%
    konaEI-A330 2 votes
    Irish Army Parachute Display Team - The Black Knights
    25%
    [Deleted User]AbsurdumBEASTERLYairbusa320 4 votes
    RV8tors / RV-8
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Alien1977

Dave Bruton / CASA 1-131E Jungmann
    I thought that 'the Blades' and Eddie Goggins were absolute class this year but was alittle bored by the rest tbh. Would love to see a few fast jets there next year. Maybe a tornado or something similar, even a Hawk from the RAF. Something to wake up the crowd after the lad in the micro-light. zzzzz. I'm sure the Americans would oblige with something seeing as the've sent over the Hercules this year and the B-52 last (though it was so far out to sea it might have been displaying in Wales simultanously). Love airshows, have been going to lots of them since I was very young and would love to see Bray stepping it up a bit in the excitement stakes.

I know its free and great way to spend a few hours but some noisey fighters would really stir up the big crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭airsofter.adam

Aer Lingus DH-84 Iolar
    I agree completely, get a bit of EXCITEMENT in the air

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭airsofter.adam

Aer Lingus DH-84 Iolar
    I agree completely, get a bit of EXCITEMENT in the air

Advertisement