Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subway Ardkeen

• 28-07-2011 4:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭

Can anyone advise has this opened yet?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Wasn't yesterday anyway, still said "Coming Soon"!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Is that the 3rd one in the city?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

Is that the 3rd one in the city?

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

It'll be so handy to pick up a footlong or two

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭themarkmeister

footlong bmt cant beat it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Hmmmmmm. Might drop in on my way home this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Hmmmmmm. Might drop in on my way home this evening.

Could be wrong but I don't think it's open yet?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

You're right!
    Passed by it on Sunday, and there was a Opening Soon sign on the window, and there was a guy on a ladder inside doing some electrical work by the looks of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

There are other Subways. Was thinking about the Dungarvan branch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

Ah lads shut up talking about Subway will ya?? I only had a salad for lunch so that I can change my username to sexyknickers and now all I can think of is that delicious sub with the pepperoni & salami in it!!! :D

Droooooollllllll :p:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

drove passed subway ardkeen today and the opening soon signs had been taken down. Also within the last 30mins I've gotten a text from one of my friends saying its now open:D cant wait to pop in after work:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Friend just said on facebook it fits 3 people and its packed and has no seats :p

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

dazftw wrote: »
    Friend just said on facebook it fits 3 people and its packed and has no seats :p

Yeah, I assume its aimed at take-out style rather than eat in for schools/hospital. Nice spot, cleans up the area a bit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

Its definitely open, passed it on my run this morning.

Hopefully it'll be a good subway where they are'nt too concerned with counting how many lettuce leaves people get so they maximise profits.

Hopefully it'll be like the one beside Palmers in town, that one is the best one around by far.

Incidently, I was thinking last year that a subway in Ardkeen would be a great idea. Then I found out how much it costs to get the franchise..... Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 CasaBonita

dermo909 wrote: »

Whereabouts is this? This would be far easier than driving into town for my sub!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭strangepaddy

CasaBonita wrote: »
    Whereabouts is this? This would be far easier than driving into town for my sub!

its right next to supermacs :)

Hopefully it'll be a good subway where they are'nt too concerned with counting how many lettuce leaves people get so they maximise profits.

They don't charge for salad/sauce :p

Though I am curious to know how much it'll be for my regular meal. I've never paid the same amount each time its always been a little higher or lower between 8 - 9 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

I was out that way today so I popped in for a bit o' grub. It's absolutely tiny; only about room for 4 people to queue. That being said it's handier than going into town and tasty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

That's excellent having a subway outside of town....only discovered the "Southwest Sauce" lately! yum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I would have killed for a Subway when I was in hospital last year. Good spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Hopefully it'll be like the one beside Palmers in town, that one is the best one around by far.

Incidently, I was thinking last year that a subway in Ardkeen would be a great idea. Then I found out how much it costs to get the franchise..... Ouch.
    Out of interest how much would it cost?

200motels wrote: »

A bit of googling has given me between €100k - €115k

200motels wrote: »

http://subway.ie/business/franchise/financial_information.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

They don't charge for salad/sauce :p

Though I am curious to know how much it'll be for my regular meal. I've never paid the same amount each time its always been a little higher or lower between 8 - 9 euro

No they dont charge for salads or sauce but in some places they are less generous with their fillings than others. Thats something I've noticed in the different places I've been to.

I thought the prices were standard in Ireland but I always get something different so I never know how much it'll be.

100k euro seems cheap for the franchise compared to the 100k sterling I thought it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Just ask for more salad if you think they're being stingy. I always do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

A bit of googling has given me between 100k - 115k
    That's fairly steep.

I have no clue about running a business but I reckon that would be paid off within 2? maybe less years. Then your making a lot of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Am, turnover maybe but profit, not a hope, more like 5 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Popped in there earlier today and noticed a swarm of about 10-15 wasps just inside the small window on the right as you walk in. Now I'm no health-and-safety expert but I'm nearly sure that shouldn't happen! They weren't going near the counter, they all just seemed to be hovering around in front of the window with the odd one or two flying and out the door.

Pretty strange tbh.

• Advertisement

They'll be gone soon cause of the cold.

Advertisement