Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartments in Melbourne

Options
  • 28-07-2011 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Heading to Melbourne for a year in March with my girlfriend to work and live there. Going by what I have seen so far it's cheaper to get an apartment.

Anyone know good sites or areas where to look?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mod Please do a search on the forum, lots of past info here.

Can you let us know what criteria you are looking for?
    Beach life? Close to city?, Cheap and cheerful? In a backpacker neighbour hood?

Sydney is a big place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 joe9joe9

Hi All,

Heading to Perth for a year in March with my girlfriend to work and live there. Going by what I have seen so far it's cheaper to get an apartment.

Anyone know good sites or areas where to look?

Cheers

Is it Sydney or Perth?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

Wasn't sure about where to go, it's Melbourne now that's a definite sorry about the confusion :o

Checked with domain.com/aus and realestate.com/aus couldn't find much there. Looking for a place to settle for the year, cheap enough but furnished (by what I found that might be asking a lot). Close enough to the city but don't mind a bit of a travel.

Also did a search in this forum but couldn't find anything useful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 joe9joe9

Gumtree is pretty good, for Sydney anyway so presumably for Melbourne as well.

If you want to live with Irish people, try including "Irish" in the search as many people would state that there are Irish people in the apartment/house or that that it would be suitable for other Irish people.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

joe9joe9 wrote: »
    Gumtree is pretty good, for Sydney anyway so presumably for Melbourne as well.

If you want to live with Irish people, try including "Irish" in the search as many people would state that there are Irish people in the apartment/house or that that it would be suitable for other Irish people.
    Never thought of gumtree, must give that a go. Well I wanna get away from Ireland so living with Irish people..........:pac::pac:

Cheers for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72661522

Thread closed - ask in that thread any questions, no point in multiple threads

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement