Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games on demand region question??

• 28-07-2011 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have a question. If I buy a game on demand with a us account will it work on my Irish account.the game is Tom Clancy graw 2. I have the points.

So please answer the question if you know for sure.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Hi, I have a question. If I buy a game on demand with a us account will it work on my Irish account.the game is Tom Clancy graw 2. I have the points.

So please answer the question if you know for sure.
    Thanks

I doubt anyone will know the answer to that for sure but I can give you an educated guess based on experience.

I've downloaded Indie games with a US account to my hard drive. Those games can then be accessed on the HDD by any gamertag.

Therefore, I am guessing that if you downloaded GRAW2 from a US account, you should be able to access it from a European GT. However, I would be more concerned about the format of the game being in NTSC and not PAL, could your setup handle NTSC?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Ive been unable to buy stuff from the Irish market with irish gamer tag but on a uk ip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Hit or miss for me with my US/UK accounts, rule of thumb is if it will not work it won't let you download it.

By the way OP I was in tesco earlier and spotted GRAW going for 10 euro can't recall if it was 1 or 2 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

I thought M$ stopped data sharing between gamertags on single consoles...ie Trenched - even if its Dl'ed and bought on a fake US account wont be fully playable on your irish gamertag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

bastados wrote: »
    I thought M$ stopped data sharing between gamertags on single consoles...ie Trenched - even if its Dl'ed and bought on a fake US account wont be fully playable on your irish gamertag.

When did they bring that in??? News to me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

bastados wrote: »

That's 100% NOT true.trust me on the data sharing data on gamertags:)

Advertisement