Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sponsored visa in Australia

Options
  • 28-07-2011 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi , Just wondering what is the success rate of getting a 457 visa ??plus the total cost to apply for one . have labouring experience, but no papers . Have a mate in Oz at present and he informed me that he could organize sponsorship any advice ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

What are you going get sponsored as? a Labourer?

Sure labourer is not on the occupation list and if you have no papers what are you going to attach to 1066 form for immigration? the whole point to Employer sponsored visa is to fill a skills shortage like Carpenter, Nursing, plumber, Engineer, fitter etc.

Labourer is not a skill, an employer can pick them up anytime or hire/dump people on a WHV when it suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mod First advice is to do a search on the forum. Lots of threads about this, sponsorship.

We cannot answer your questions as you have not given us enough info, no age, no work info (you mentioned labouring ?), no experience

What is the success rate? Very High - Very low .... once you a company agrees to sponsor you (not not your mate, unless he runs a business capable of sponsorship)
    Those criteria are the hard parts.

My advice is to look at immi.gov.au and you'll find cost there and do lots of reading about visas, min wage etc

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭polc07

Thanks Mandrake and Hussey for your responses

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

mandrake04 wrote: »
    What are you going get sponsored as? a Labourer?

Sure labourer is not on the occupation list and if you have no papers what are you going to attach to 1066 form for immigration? the whole point to Employer sponsored visa is to fill a skills shortage like Carpenter, Nursing, plumber, Engineer, fitter etc.

Labourer is not a skill, an employer can pick them up anytime or hire/dump people on a WHV when it suits.

This!

Your mate is just telling you what you want to hear.

jank wrote: »
    This!

Your mate is just telling you what you want to hear.

What you mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

He means he agrees with you!

hussey wrote: »
    He means he agrees with you!

Ah yeah a fellow realist then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Mate in Australia telling mate in ireland "sure come over and ill sort you out with a visa no problem" even though he has no qualifications or skills on the skills short list. I would always take what friends say with a pinch of salt as pub talk doesnt matter a damm to Immi.

ALWAYS do your own research.

jank wrote: »
    Mate in Australia telling mate in ireland "sure come over and ill sort you out with a visa no problem" even though he has no qualifications or skills on the skills short list. I would always take what friends say with a pinch of salt as pub talk doesnt matter a damm to Immi.

ALWAYS do your own research.

You mean to say there isn't a desk at the airport that just hand you out sponsorship forms and then point them to a queue of sponsoring employers outside just beside the taxi rank?

That's what I thought myself, but reading some of these threads makes me wonder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 SuperSocks

Just got sponsorship confirmed there last week. I'd agree with most of the advice given so far. You will need proof of a skill.

However it may be worth following up on your mate's offer. Some companies are in the habit of giving out lots of sponsorships. Mine is based on a one month period of work I did while on holidays last summer, and the fact I got on well with the other workers. So the fact that you know someone already there could work for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭polc07

Hi Supersocks

Thanks for response and advice

:)

Advertisement