Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballyshunnock Lake/Reservoir Trout Fishing

Options
  • 28-07-2011 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

When I was younger I used to fish at Ballyshunnock lake near Portlaw, but it has been about 10 years since I've fished there. I went for a drive there for a look today but the signs said nothing about how much the permits are or what baits & hooks can be used.The pub down the road which has since closed used to sell the permits but now they are sold in Kilmacthomas. I was thinking of going down next week for a day but was wondering if anyone who has fished there lately knows if the lake is still stocked with trout. I'm only interested in trout fishing, no other species. Any information regarding what bait to use, which part of the lake is best ect. would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement