Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good summer motorcycle jacket.

• 28-07-2011 6:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭

Im looking for a nice summer jacket.

I know the summer is nearly over but the jacket i bought originally has me baked on a 20 degree day.

I ended up just putting on a denim jacket i had today because i couldn't face riding in 24 degrees with the other jacket i had.

Anyone know any good brands which are light, airy but allow adequate protection?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I was very tempted by this mesh jacket on sale for 90 euro.
    Hot weather is great but can be a bit much in full gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Double check you don't have a removable liner before you splash out on a new jacket!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

furygan_trail_jkt_bk.jpg

This what I use as a summer jacket and I was very pleasantly surprised by it. I did change all the protectors though. I've never been too warm in it and it was always warm enough in the cold evening air, too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Double check you don't have a removable liner before you splash out on a new jacket!

I've already taken out the liner.

cantdecide wrote: »
    furygan_trail_jkt_bk.jpg

This what I use as a summer jacket and I was very pleasantly surprised by it. I did change all the protectors though. I've never been too warm in it and it was always warm enough in the cold evening air, too.

Looks good. What's the brand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

It's a Furygan 'Trail', by all accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭amacca

I bought a Lindstrands Jericko jacket for the summer...found it good...light but has the shoulder and elbow protection went over the back protector grand

50700730XS.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

This is the jacket i have, a richa ballistic
    080-BALLIS-MAIN.jpg

nice and cool, removable liner as well. great protection as well.
    Its also pretty waterproof for when it rains!

got it in emotorcycles in galway at a good price!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Huawei Gallagher

$(KGrHqYOKkYE4CFb50uRBOJ2Obi14g~~0_1.JPG?set_id=8800005007I bought a genuine Yamaha mesh jacket from the USA, the quality was vvvgood, Armor everywhere, has 2 removable liners, one for rain and wind, and a silver quilted one for cold. I had a 100 mile spin the other day, I was impressed. I thought I might freeze so I brought the liners with me, it was a sunny and warm day (but not a scorcher). I never put the liners in, i was just a nice temperature, plus I could wander round a few shops and didnt sweat at all. i thought a mesh jacket may be overkill for ireland, and had the Paris ring road in mind when I bought it (nearly died of dehydration on it one day, was going to drink my own urine out af a dead snake it was that hot!). They are 200$ on ebay from the same place on ebay that I got mine, hondaeasttoledo. Mine is YAMAHA SHIFTER MESH Riding Jacket. I think I may use it as my full time jacket, it has good protection that you can tighten sleeve straps to hold it in place on your elbow.

amacca wrote: »
    I bought a Lindstrands Jericko jacket for the summer...found it good...light but has the shoulder and elbow protection went over the back protector grand

50700730XS.jpg

I like the look of that.

• Advertisement

Will armor from one jacket fit into another jacket correctly?

Save myself some cash. Lol.

I like the look of that.

yeah..theres not as much contrast between the black bits and the other bits as the photo would suggest so its a bit darker new (i presume that will happen as the lighter [in the photo] material ages)

but its light - adjustable everywhere.....was a great fit on me + supposedly has all the abrasion resistant + breathable + waterproofing tek-nol-o-gee etc on top of the protectors

the only problem I have with this and a lot of other jackets is the refelective panelling/strips/stitching are way too skimpy in my opinion---would like a good looking, well fitting jacket with nice wide reflective strips well integrated etc on it so dont have to bother with council worker style tabard at night

I find that comapny makes good gear in general - much prefer their jackets to dainese etc - have a great light pair of gloves with all the protection from them that fit like well a glove and arent a total pain in the hole to put on

megabikes are an agent for them if you dont want to do the whole online ordering thing

Will armor from one jacket fit into another jacket correctly?

Save myself some cash. Lol.

depends on the jacket tbh - usually the pockets in one companies jackets will suit one type of protector and you can swop between jackets made by that manufacturere - otherwise you can do a little creative modification for elbow pads usually (or the pockets) --shoulder pads can be a pain in the hole - usually not worth it as a lot of the jackets come with the protection already in? + you are modifying a safety feature which could affect its performance ...but like anything be sensible and it should be grand

for back protectors the way around it is to buy a back protector you wear ....one that doesn't have to be put into a pouch in the jacket

anyway fcuk it....I wouldn't save on safety gear or change it...just not worth it...skin is hard to replace.

for back protectors I have something like the below if it helps

dainese_waveair_protection.jpg

knox an forcefield also make very good ones

Advertisement