Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tribal but want to go over with a 3/4 Sleeve - Laser?

Options
  • 28-07-2011 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭

As the title states, I want to get a black and grey 3/4 sleeve but have a tribal on the arm already from my shoulder to about an inch above my elbow. I don't want the sleeve to be tribal.

Wanted to ask in Zulu but couldnt find the place (have they moved again?!) and asked in Dublin Ink.. found them pretty helpful but essentially they said covering over or just adding to it couldnt be done without it ending up a mess and suggested laser to fade out what I have at least part of the way before starting over with what I want now.
    The laser will add another 400 odd onto an already expensive tattoo, not to mention delay the whole thing by 4 months.

Has anyone gone down this route before? Any advice, will it work, is there any other shops or artists I should try, would it be better to go to an actual clinic for the laser?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Scarred

Howya,

Zulu are now down on great strand street, just near the halfpenny bridge. its also home to iconic art who do removals and the lads are sound and easy to deal with. Painful but not too bad..

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

Think you may be a bit optimistic in your date of 4 months to be honest!

Im currently at the same thing as your self... i have a horrible tribal that was my first tattoo on my upper arm and im getting it lasered to finish off the sleeve.

Any proper laser removal place will not book another session for at least a month after the previous session and it can take anything between 6-10 sessions, so you are lokking at half a year at least...well this is what i have been told by the guy doing mine.

Ive had four sittings now and it would not be near ready for covering up...

Stick with it though, hope this helps ya.

Advertisement