Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone for a spin this weekend?

• 28-07-2011 7:21pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I know its short notice but I've got very little to do this weekend and I have not had a proper spin on the new bike yet, so dying to get out. Anyone around fancy a spin? I was thinking Wicklow, Larragh and Wicklow gap etc but I'm open to suggestions. Either day, maybe even both!

Any takers?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I'm in Zascar! Doesn't look like we're going to have a fabulous week-end like last week but no rain forecast for Saturday.

Promise you won't ride like a girl though! :p

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Nice one! Yeah I think there might be some showers but sure we'll be grand.

I'm not going to be going bananas as its a brand new bike to me and twice the horsies from what I'm used to, but I'm certainly looking forward to a good spin!

Where are you based and where do you want to head?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Count me in, will give me an excuse to use by new leathers:p

Downside is i will have to clean the bike haha

Zascar wrote: »
    I'm not going to be going bananas as its a brand new bike to me and twice the horsies from what I'm used to, but I'm certainly looking forward to a good spin!

Where are you based and where do you want to head?
    I don't want you to crash! But I don't want to fall asleep either you know what I mean?!

Me and Green_Martian will be coming from North Dublin (Santry/Finglas area). Where could we meet up for this? And what time!?

Count me in, will give me an excuse to use by new leathers:p

Downside is i will have to clean the bike haha
    Good man G! Was hoping you'd join! Haven't seen you in ages! Might wear my leathers for the laugh too then! lol

Oh and my bike's in sh!te too so don't feel bad if you don't wash it! ;)

We'll meet up and then meet the others yeah? I'm hoping it's not just the 3 of us! I'll invote my neighbour sure. He's sound and may ne up for it!

• Advertisement

Good man G! Was hoping you'd join! Haven't seen you in ages! Might wear my leathers for the laugh too then! lol

Oh and my bike's in sh!te too so don't feel bad if you don't wash it! ;)

We'll meet up and then meet the others yeah? I'm hoping it's not just the 3 of us! I'll invote my neighbour sure. He's sound and may ne up for it!

Haha are you talking about your race leathers???

Yeah hope more than 3 don't want it ending up like broke back mountain:eek::eek::eek:

Any where else other than the gap??

Haha are you talking about your race leathers???

Yeah hope more than 3 don't want it ending up like broke back mountain:eek::eek::eek:

Any where else other than the gap??
    I'm hoping for some Broke Back Mountain action! lol

Yeah my old race leathers I crashed in more times than I care to remember!

I'm getting a bit sick of the Gap as well but I don't know anywhere else to be honest! Zascar?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Do it properly lads and hop on a ferry, I'll meet ye in Holyhead and we'll go for a proper spin through the Welsh hills :D

I'm getting a bit sick of the Ga as well but I don't know anywhere else to be honest! Zascar?

N52 in Meath or N81 in Wicklow, both cracking roads ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

I take it skerries is out so?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'm on for Skerries! I don't mind really :)

I still love the Dublin Enniskerry, Larragh, Gap, etc etc route, pretty much never get board of it, there are a few variations you can throw in on it as well like going to rathrdum, arklow and back etc. Or you can do Tibradden mountain / glencree etc - loads of options.

I have done very little riding around the north side of the city - so I really don't mind. Who wants to do what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

I still love the Dublin Enniskerry, Larragh, Gap, etc etc route, pretty much never get board of it, there are a few variations you can throw in on it as well like going to rathrdum, arklow and back etc. Or you can do Tibradden mountain / glencree etc - loads of options.

I have done very little riding around the north side of the city - so I really don't mind. Who wants to do what?
    I have been informed by my wife that there are no spins for me this weekend, as we're moving next weekend.

So will be packing up the house this Sat/Sun..

Yipeefukingdo!

enjoy lads.

Boooooooo-urns!!!

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Do it properly lads and hop on a ferry, I'll meet ye in Holyhead and we'll go for a proper spin through the Welsh hills :D
    Were only now starting to forget about you so I'm not going to engerland to see you! :p

I have been informed by my wife that there are no spins for me this weekend, as we're moving next weekend.

So will be packing up the house this Sat/Sun..

Yipeefukingdo!

enjoy lads.
    WHIPPED!

LOL!

OK then, I vote for the N81/Enniskerry/Larragh/Gap and so on tour as I did Skerries on my last outing with mates and I didn't find it particularly appealing (we didn't really know where we were going so that's probably why!).

So where do we meet and what time? I'm going fishing in the evening so want to be home mid-afternoon. Will we set off at around 10:00? Not too early, not too late... What do you think?

Route sounds good but 11 would suit me better. Where is the best place to meet? What about Lambs Cross at the start of the Enniskerry Road?

Were only now starting to forget about you so I'm not going to engerland to see you! :p

Them be fighting words! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

awww im away the weekend, would have lovin to see that new bike!

but tbh i dont think id be able to keep up with you guys! lol

maameeo wrote: »
    awww im away the weekend, would have lovin to see that new bike!

but tbh i dont think id be able to keep up with you guys! lol
    What do you ride maameeo?

• Advertisement

Them be fighting words! :pac:
    hehehehe :pac:

hehehehe :pac:

Feckin Frenchie! :mad:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

What do you ride maameeo?

was gona answer dirty here but said id be good ;)

im on a fazer 600 :)

Route sounds good but 11 would suit me better. Where is the best place to meet? What about Lambs Cross at the start of the Enniskerry Road?
    Lamb's Cross @ 11:00 sounds great!

maameeo wrote: »
    was gona answer dirty here but said id be good ;)

im on a fazer 600 :)
    In fairness, it was a half dirty question! lol

Feckin Frenchie! :mad:

:D
    Now now! No need to be jealous! :p

Now now! No need to be jealous! :p

Funny guy :D

Right so we have a run and time decided, what fekin day lads tomorrow or sunday????

Tomorrow!! Saturday :)

• Advertisement

Right so we have a run and time decided, what fekin day lads tomorrow or sunday????
    Tomorrow G! Will we meet up at BMW at 10:30 then? Looks like just the 3 of us but that's not necessarily a bad thing! ;)

Can't wait fellas!!!

Advertisement