Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best day of the week and time of year to visit Dublin Zoo

Options
  • 28-07-2011 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,874 ✭✭✭

Any suggestions in terms of avoiding the crowds and seeing as many animals as possible in their enclosure.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

any weekday, preferably NOT during summer hols I'd imagine - I was last there over the May Bank Hol and it was jammed. Years ago our family had a yearly ticket and we'd go whenever. The folks were just saying recently how it was nice to go in the winter as it was traditionally a summer day out before getting that pass. Sometimes on very hot days the animals are hard to spot if they're napping or in the shade.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭afrodub

I have taken my family to Dublin zoo on a weekend and I find it a better experience,and more fun when there is a crowd,some how the animals come to life more when they are watched by many IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I went in September/October of last year and arrived just as they opened and it was perfect. Nobody there for at least an hour and the animals were all (mostly) awake and lounging about.

Advertisement