Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attempted Abduction.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Jaysus. The fecker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Just glad they caught the nonce.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Probably thought she looked like Madeline McCann

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I was in Tramore last Saturday afternoon and was driving along the prom and let a car out in front of me. I soon realised it was some weirdo who was driving dangerously veering in and out, only one brake light, stopping suddenly etc. driving slowly then taking off then slowing down again.

He passed a small group of girls aged 12 - 14 and just stopped dead in the road, started fixing his hair and calling the girls over to him but they didn't go near him so he pulled off after people started blowing their horns.

Then about 100 yards further along he saw 2 boys and 2 girls aged around 10 - 13 years and again just stopped in traffic and was leering at them. He continued driving up to the roundabout (the one with the boat in it) went the full way around it then back into Tramore towards splashworld.

I went straight to the garda station and reported it. I wonder if it was connected to this case.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Moving to Waterford County

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

deisemum wrote: »
    I was in Tramore last Saturday afternoon and was driving along the prom and let a car out in front of me. I soon realised it was some weirdo who was driving dangerously veering in and out, only one brake light, stopping suddenly etc. driving slowly then taking off then slowing down again.

He passed a small group of girls aged 12 - 14 and just stopped dead in the road, started fixing his hair and calling the girls over to him but they didn't go near him so he pulled off after people started blowing their horns.

Then about 100 yards further along he saw 2 boys and 2 girls aged around 10 - 13 years and again just stopped in traffic and was leering at them. He continued driving up to the roundabout (the one with the boat in it) went the full way around it then back into Tramore towards splashworld.

I went straight to the garda station and reported it. I wonder if it was connected to this case.

Fair play to you for spotting it and reporting it, We don't need this kind of scum around..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Fair play to ya! You never know, you could have saved some kid from a lot of nastiness!!

When you see this sort of thing you're thinking wtf but I had 2 teenage boys with me who were shocked to actually see this happening. I was able to give description of the car, reg. no. etc.

I didn't hear anything but I didn't expect to but I wasn't taking chances and not report it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Fair play to you for reporting it. Did the police take you seriously/ were they concerned?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Do you really think the Gardai would let you know if they were taking it serious / look concerned ?

It was suspicious activity , and definately reporting it was the right thing to do .

Well done deisemum -

There was a guy doing this in Wexford area some years ago and he was never caught , so you never know ..............

• Advertisement

The garda took it seriously, took all details that we could provide and was to send the squad car down to the prom area. He took my details as well. It was an old grey banger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

He took my details as well. It was an old grey banger.

Don't be so tough on yourself.

Fair play to you though. Anyone see anything like that they should ring straight away.

The garda took it seriously, took all details that we could provide and was to send the squad car down to the prom area. He took my details as well. It was an old grey banger.

The guy in Offaly was driving a post office type van -

You may find in the long run that it may have been best if you did not give your own details .

This was not necessary ..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

You may find in the long run that it may have been best if you did not give your own details .

But, if they need a witness to his behaviour they wont be able to contact deise. A lot of reports that people wont give their name for, I believe anyway, are not followed up on (Read it in the Emergency Services forum) because its pointless.

Her information is kept confidential. Its no harm in supplying it.

I was asked for my contact details.

seanybiker wrote: »
    Don't be so tough on yourself.

Fair play to you though. Anyone see anything like that they should ring straight away.

:D:D:D
    I should have put the car was an old grey banger though I do feel like an old grey banger myself ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Fair play Déisemum.

I was asked for my contact details.

Its only from my own experience , that in my view , it is best not to give your own details .

They will ask , and it is obligatory of course .

But well done , anything suspicious like your situation is best reported .

Advertisement