Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New bike

• 28-07-2011 9:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭

Hi, i have chance get new bike, via cycle to work scheme ... or what ever you call it. .. any one suggest bike shop with nice discounts ??
    Also which bike make or model you would suggest ?? Traveling mostly in city 10 miles each way to work.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

Keep in mind where you will lock it up - as lots of new bikes get taken (sadly)
    Id go with a hybrid bike style good for city cycling.Dose not stand out as much as say a raod bike,

Re where to get it, theres lots of places in dublin. just have a look around, in the end of the day if you going to be locking it up in dublin id keep it cheep so not to get taken on ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

if you're going to get a cheap one don't waste your bike to work scheme - you can only use it once in 5 years (although if Ireland will still exist in 5 years is a different question)

get a road bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

i found one insurance company, insuring bikes, i put my details in web, bike price 500 euro, got quote for 48 ish euro. Somebody was dealing with insurance for bikes ?
    Still looking in to road bike, as in my workplace it will be safe, and at home will be locked in to shed over night.

Advertisement