Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

out of date .ie site - how to purchase

Options
  • 28-07-2011 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭

Long story short - I have been watching a site registration renewal status for the last few days (it was due for renewal last week).

I was just wondering whats the procedure, is it the same as .com sites where the registration is still available only to the owner to renew within a month of expiry date.

Website status moves from "Active" to "suspended" and then after 3/4 weeks the domain name is available for sale again - is this the same process for .ie sites.

now that the renewal date is passed - is it possible for me to purchase ?

Comments

Hi there,

Can you please clarify if the domain in question is a .ie or a .com?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

im looking at a .ie address which the renewal date has passed.

my understanding is that I have to wait a while before I can purchase (the account has to be suspended which is a few weeks after renewal date) - if not I'd like to purchase straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Takes a few weeks afaik, was looking at the same thing last year myself. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You have to wait for the domain to be deleted before you can register it.
    As long as it is in the "deletion process" the current registrant can still renew it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

cool .... will keep en eagle eye on it (it went to suspended 2yrs ago...but didnt get to expired)

fingers crossed the owners let it lapse this time !!

will hopefully be purchasing it in approx 2-3weeks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I'm interested to see how this works out... :)

Advertisement