Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power consumption

• 28-07-2011 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭

I looking at fitting a 220v ac machine in a van run through an inverter.

According to the machine spec it's 200 -240 V AC / 50Hz / 1.4 -1.5 amps.

That looks like I need a 300w inverter as a minimum.

If I use a 1000w inverter what size 12v battery do I need to get al least 6 hours between recharging?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

You would need a very big battery to run that for 6 hours. Its 25 amps for 300 watts 12v load which is what the inverter would be taking, and realistically it will be a little more. So thats 150AH battery already. And in reality double this might be needed for a reliable 6 hours.

With the van running, its own battery could power it anyway with the alternator running.

What is it your running?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

It's a machine for folding paper. I was hoping to run a laser printer and a pc as well.

Looks like i'll may need to fit a generator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

be cheaper to buy a small diesel genny than buying a bank of batterys to power your gear.

Advertisement