Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liberties College

Options
  • 28-07-2011 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

I decided to place this on this thread casue it would probably get more feedback.I hope to be starting in Liberties this coming september for a two year course. I just wanted to start this thread to see if i could get any good advice from ex students or people living around that area is there any good places to go for lunch, the surrounding area, any good pubs or clubs plus any feedback on the college itself.

Any feedback would be great. thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Well you're in a decent area close to town, good few of my mates have/are going there doing various courses. Depends are you on Francis St doing media and the likes or at Patricks Park?

A sober answer will be about tomorrow man! But the college is in a prime area close to town and close to most things.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭arsenallegend

Well you're in a decent area close to town, good few of my mates have/are going there doing various courses. Depends are you on Francis St doing media and the likes or at Patricks Park?

A sober answer will be about tomorrow man! But the college is in a prime area close to town and close to most things.;)

media on francis street :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

media on francis street :)

That involve making movies and whatnot? My mate just finished the 2 year course there in May, seemed like a good course.

Well Francis St is fairly central. You've a Spar basically either end, one that definitely has a deli, Wicked Cafe on Meath St is meant to be good and you've also two chips just up on Thomas St.

For a few pints after college I'd recommend Fallons at the Dean St end of Francis St, nice spot and well the 3 pubs that are on Francis St can be dodgy.

Your close to Camden St too, few decent pubs along there.

Loads of bus rounds around Francis St, you've ones on Patrick St and Thomas St. Stephens Green is a 15 min walk max so Green Line Luas is close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

+1 on Fallons.

There's a great cafe on the corner of Patrick's street and Bull Alley (I think) called Bite of Life. Lovely food and nice coffee and a great atmosphere. Sense of community in that place is something.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭CavanCrew

The place is buzzin with Spars and Centras.

Er avoid some of the pubs,non locals get stared out of it.

Loved living in the area, enjoy !

• Advertisement
Advertisement