Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which one? MSI Radeon 6950 or MSI gtx560ti

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Leman

You know, I recently had the same problem.

I decided in the end to just get a 460 for cheap and wait for the 600 series from nVidia in Q4 2011 which is 28nm chips vs 40nm chips (i.e. MOAR POWAR and LESS POWARH usage).

Here is a good site to compare them though:
    http://www.hwcompare.com/8888/geforce-gtx-560-ti-vs-radeon-hd-6950-2gb/

In short, the 560Ti uses less power and is actually slightly better than the 6950 even though the 6950 has more memory bandwidth. If you know for a fact you will need/use that 2GB of memory, go for the 6950, otherwise I would say get the 560Ti (I would actually say to wait for the 600 series, but if you must get one, get the 560Ti).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Leman wrote: »
    You know, I recently had the same problem.

I decided in the end to just get a 460 for cheap and wait for the 600 series from nVidia in Q4 2011 which is 28nm chips vs 40nm chips (i.e. MOAR POWAR and LESS POWARH usage).

Here is a good site to compare them though:
    http://www.hwcompare.com/8888/geforce-gtx-560-ti-vs-radeon-hd-6950-2gb/

In short, the 560Ti uses less power and is actually slightly better than the 6950 even though the 6950 has more memory bandwidth. If you know for a fact you will need/use that 2GB of memory, go for the 6950, otherwise I would say get the 560Ti (I would actually say to wait for the 600 series, but if you must get one, get the 560Ti).

Except that site is only using the Nvidia favoured games :P What a suprise. The 6950 is actually the better card on average.

Advertisement