Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sprinkler recommendation

Options
  • 28-07-2011 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭

I have a row of trees approx 80 metres long which I need to water on a regular basis and at the moment I have a long hose running from an outside tap which I move from tree to tree at regular intervals while I'm doing other work in the garden. As you can imagine this gets somewhat laborious very quickly.

What I'm longing for is a linear sprinkler system that I can set up and leave in place for most of the year. I was thinking that I could set up a series of hoses and puncture them with holes at each tree.......

Anyone have such a system in place or ever seen one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,602 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

You live in the same country as the rest of us?

If so, will the plentiful supply of rain not do the job for you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭jprboy

NIMAN wrote: »
    You live in the same country as the rest of us?

If so, will the plentiful supply of rain not do the job for you!!

No, they're in the shade of other (neighbour's) trees. A combination of those much larger trees taking most of the moisture out of the ground and also shading a lot of the rain that does fall means that my trees are not getting enough to sustain them.

So, any ideas out there?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭ymurtagh

what u need is a pouris hose,, simply set it up in minute, turn it on and thats it,, there is 2 types but the best 1 would be the 1 with a hole every 30cm, hoses come in 100m lenghts not sure price off hand, but can be cut or join very easily,, they use standand/ typical hose fitting, what part of country are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭jprboy

ymurtagh wrote: »
    what u need is a pouris hose,, simply set it up in minute, turn it on and thats it,, there is 2 types but the best 1 would be the 1 with a hole every 30cm, hoses come in 100m lenghts not sure price off hand, but can be cut or join very easily,, they use standand/ typical hose fitting, what part of country are you in?

Thanks for that, ymurtagh. I'm in North Tipp.
    Any idea of pricing on this?

Advertisement