Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Tri 2011

Options
  • 28-07-2011 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Considering doing this tri but wondering about the swim in the Liffey. Any issues/concerns from last year's competitors?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

The part of the Liffey it's in runs by the war memorial park and is generally really clean. I've never heard of any major issues with the swim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭kala85

was thinking of taking part in this myself. What is the route for the olympic Tri??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Beal bocht wrote: »
    Considering doing this tri but wondering about the swim in the Liffey. Any issues/concerns from last year's competitors?

I have swam in worse. It was fine last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Beal bocht

Thanks guys - i have signed up.

Kala85 - Olympic bike is 5 laps within the Phoenix Park

http://www.dublincitytriathlon.com/?page_id=5

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭911sc

My prep for last year DCT included a GP visit to get my shots up-to-date.

• Advertisement

Which shots did u get ? Did you have to stop training for a while when u got them

TBH, i don't know... it's one of the 5-in-1 type of vaccination i think.
    I got this done early in 2010 as I knew I will swim in the Liffey for DCT...
    Ended up not doing the DCT in 2010, but anyway, no hamr having vaccination up-to-date anyway.

Is the cycle mainly flat

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭onimpulse

Water is fine - I've definitely swam in lots of others that are generally perceived to be better water quality, but they certainly weren't! I actually had a cut or two last year and it did cross my mind about the water quality with relatively fresh cuts but all was grand, luckily!

The bike isn't flat, but it's only two hills one one the s bends and another on the Kyber pass - neither are really significant, except you do do them 5 times ;)

Where is the transition area for the DCT . I cant find the information on their website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭cantswim

Garda Boat club this year I think... was in UCD in prior years but think there is a change this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

Did this last year and enjoyed it, so signed up again. Not sure i'll make it around the course at the moment though, training's not going well at all. Many others in for it?

I'm meant to be volunteering again this year, if I'm not I'll be there abusing supporting the crowds.

I was going to do the super sprint but I didn't want to do a fake distance triathlon. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

I'm in for this my first DCT.

Sounds like it'll have some top guys there so be good to see.

This is my last Tri of the season so I'm hoping to go as hard as I can and if I blow up so be it!
    Haven't really crossed the finish line totally out of it so want to try push myself more mainly on bike/run.

Should be fun...
    Looking forward to the 99 afterwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Domer

Doing this as my first Olympic Triathlon. Am nervous about it as nursing a tight Hamstring. I read in the Irish Runner that its 1.5/38/10.... is this correct? I thought it would be the full 40k cycle... not that I mind it being a bit shorter.

Good luck to all doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭eoinymc

see charter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Email johnwallnutt@gmail.com (race director), although I think you may be too late?!

I'll be there, though I will only be swimming and cycling. I tried to get my entry changed to a relay but I was too late. Trying to rest up the ankle prior to 70.3 in Galway.

The river was grand last year, apart from a few ducks for company :D

Thanks Connundrum!

I'll drop him a line and see if he takes pity on me! :)

What does "see charter" mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

see pm :D

or, you know, read the forum charter before posting in the forum

<mod>
    If you disagree with a mod decision, argue it offline, not in-thread. (That's not in the charter, it's in the Boards.ie FAQ)
    </mod>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Are there going to be any more entries released for this? You know the way sometimes a race sells out & closer to the date they release more entries, like the HOFW for EG.

Anyone know the bike course from last year?

Map suggests when up Chesterfield avenue that we go past roundabout 100m or so, do a u turn and back down and right across park.
    That would mean either goin up Chesterfield on right hand side and down on right to avoid any crossing of paths?

Alternatively, map is wrong and it's up Chesterfield avenue and left at roundabout which would make more sense.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/8549650

Which is it guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

I'm meant to be volunteering again this year, if I'm not I'll be there abusing supporting the crowds.

I was going to do the super sprint but I didn't want to do a fake distance triathlon. :pac:

I'm giving a dig out also at the boat club from 7 bells :eek: - might see you in there.

Fazz wrote: »
    Map suggests when up Chesterfield avenue that we go past roundabout 100m or so, do a u turn and back down and right across park.
    That would mean either goin up Chesterfield on right hand side and down on right to avoid any crossing of paths?
    That's correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Domer wrote: »
    I read in the Irish Runner that its 1.5/38/10.... is this correct? I thought it would be the full 40k cycle... not that I mind it being a bit shorter.

Just looked at the GPS maps on the site and they have the distance as 24.57 miles which is 39.54km, bearing in mind the accuracy of GPS it could pretty much be 40km (or 38km I guess).

And why aren't you racing young lady? :D

911sc wrote: »
    That's correct.

Cheers.

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    I'm giving a dig out also at the boat club from 7 bells :eek: - might see you in there.

You get a lie in. She told me 5:15. :eek:
    kingQuez wrote: »
    And why aren't you racing young lady? :D

I didn't want to make a show of you when I thrashed you. :cool:

I didn't want to make a show of you when I thrashed you. :cool:

Them's fighting words... only I'd never fight with a volunteer, especially one that's willing to get out of bed at that hour of the morning on a sunday! Fiar play :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

anyone know what time registration starts ? got an e-mail saying 2pm and the site says 4 ??????

Advertisement