Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this mold on my wall?

• 28-07-2011 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Folks have a look at the attached image:

Is this mold on my wall? The reason I ask is I've been feeling unwell for almost 3 weeks. Usually I'm a very healthy guy. I'm used to running half marathons and triathlons. But for the past 3 weeks I'm having stuffy nose, headache, sore throat and tired. I've been to the doctor 4 times already. I've noticed that I feel much better during day time (when I'm at work) but my symptoms gets worse in the evening (when I'm at home). I started think about this and today suddenly noticed on my wall. I can see from internet that mold can create symptoms similar to this? Do you think it's mold on my wall? If it is, how can I get rid of the mold from the wall?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

You may have a burst pipe in the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Thats not a burst pipe, and looks more like a fungus than mould.

In fairness, for black mould to be hazardous to your health, you'd want to have a considerable amount of it in your house, something like this:

Black%20mould%201.jpg

black-mould-2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Looks like rusty nail/screw heads. If the studs get wet it can cause this. Or if the galvanising was defective.

Advertisement