Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Country this!! PAYE Worker RIP

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Have you considered reporting them to Social Welfare for fraud?

In a word, No.
    because there is no way a family on SW could -first of all afford two cars let alone change them four times a year, and secondly afford a few 'sun holidays' every year on a SW payment. (unless they are doing a few nixers)However if this is the case then you are obliged to report them.

Interesting how you know this. Do you know how much they are getting in payments each week? Because I don't. Do you work in the Department of Social and family affairs?

All I know is, they have 5 kids, living in a council house and are both on benefits. So that includes but is not limited to, Unemployment benefit for both of them, child benefit for 5 children, medical card and so on. They changed their car every quarter because of the child supplement which name escapes me that Bertie brought in during the boom times that was abolished last year or the year before. You add all of that up and it comes to a fair amount of money, when they are spending piss all on a mortgage for their house. They're too bone idle lazy to be doing anything cash in hand, although that doesn't mean they don't do it.

In terms of obligations, my primary obligation is to my family. You don't shit on your own doorstep and since I have to live beside them I won't be reporting them any time in the future. If that doesn't agree with you're principles or whatever, then I really couldn't care less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

This thread is like listening to Joe Duffy's Liveline.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jazyguy

That was the early child care supplement which was meant to help working mothers help with child care costs, but because you couldnt discriminate against those who wouldnt work, sorry were not working it had to be paid to all. If you suspect them of doing any nixers at all you should report them. The social welfare budget is reasonable and there would be more for those who need it if there were no fraudulent claims. I do not work for social welfare, but do work, 60 hours a week for a fraction of what I made in the good times. its quite possible I may be forced to claim social welfare in the next 12 months as my job is very unsafe at the min. I can fully appreciate the situation some people are in at minute. I find my family cutting back every where we can at the minute and am really disgusted by people like this. I guess they never heard the "ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country. " speech. Hard times for all ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

They used to change their car every time the now abolished childcare supplement (can't think of its name) came out every quarter.

My home house is very close to a traveller Halting site, my mother was talking to them a few years ago, their plan was more kids = more wellfare, so they had more kids.

My home house is very close to a traveller Halting site, my mother was talking to them a few years ago, their plan was more kids = more wellfare, so they had more kids.

Sounds about right.

Early childcare supplement, that's what it was Cheers Jazguy. Substantial payment every year if you have 5 kids.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

Have you considered reporting them to Social Welfare for fraud? because there is no way a family on SW could -first of all afford two cars let alone change them four times a year, and secondly afford a few 'sun holidays' every year on a SW payment. (unless they are doing a few nixers)However if this is the case then you are obliged to report them.
    There are family's in Sligo driving around in 11 reg bmw's who never worked,the staff in the banks are sending off reports every 2nd day about children who have enough money being lodged into their accounts to buy a decent house......nothing will be done because this is Ireland where the working man will be punished for any little thing but the bigger the gangster you are thee less lightly anything will happen to you!Do you never ask yourself why a blind eye is being turned to every aspect of these peoples lives....they dont even get a bloody parking ticket for parking in the disabled spaces!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

No more than the LET'S LOOK AFTER OUR OWN thread, what in the name of blazes has this got to do with Sligo specifically? Is it a hub for social welfare fraud? Should this not be in AH?

No more than the LET'S LOOK AFTER OUR OWN thread, what in the name of blazes has this got to do with Sligo specifically? Is it a hub for social welfare fraud? Should this not be in AH?

It was in AH originally & the thread was locked - rightly so in my opinion - as being a troll fest.

Then the OP decided to post the exact same thread over here in the Sligo forum.

Lucky us. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭jajjay

Well Starbelgarde, I think its an issue that needs discussing, the mods reopened the thread by request from other users.... Whats your problem? I hope its not guilt!

By the way, its a long time since a thread here got a following as this!

JJ

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

jajjay wrote: »
    Well Starbelgarde, I think its an issue that needs discussing, the mods reopened the thread by request from other users.... Whats your problem? I hope its not guilt!

By the way, its a long time since a thread here got a following as this!

JJ

I reported it ages ago, it was locked, then re-opened. I imagine most of the views are because it is totally bigoted nonsense (imo), and people are wondering what it has to do with Sligo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭jajjay

You would'nt believe it, came home this evening to have the wife hand me a postcard.... thought it was from my sister on honeymoon.... who we can't afford to give a present at the moment! 'Wish yee were here, yee taxpaying suckers, see ye next week' --- exact wording from postcard! IT WAS THE LONG TERM SW FAMILY DOWN THE ROAD!

You would'nt believe it, came home this evening to have the wife hand me a postcard.... thought it was from my sister on honeymoon.... who we can't afford to give a present at the moment! 'Wish yee were here, yee taxpaying suckers, see ye next week' --- exact wording from postcard! IT WAS THE LONG TERM SW FAMILY DOWN THE ROAD!

Well, I guess its the thought that counts isn't it? :P

You couldn't make that shit up.

Or could you...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Chipboard

Jees it sounds like he's rubbing your nose in it.

I wouldn't even speak to someone like that. I have no problem with someone who can't find work drawing SW, but the people who have made a lifestyle choice to live off the state disgust me.

Advertisement