Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New mortages - what are the chances????

Options
  • 28-07-2011 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

ok heres the situation ....
    • im a none permanent public service worker but hoping to get a CID of some sort soon.
    • my partner has a secure permanent full time job.
    • combined income of approx. 84000.
    • own the site we are planning on building on.
    • rent at the moment is 600 per month.
    • savings -- hoping to have about 10k.
    • small personal lone of about 4k when applying.
    • have has a record of paying back 800 per month between us these past few years on previous car loans.
    • would need 250k for this new build????
    Am i living in a dream world????

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

The non permanent contract will count against you but might not necessarily be prohibitive. The one piece of advice I'll give you is clear that loan completely before you apply for the mortgage, it's better to apply with no outstanding debts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

The contract of indefinite duration is essentially permanency so if you can get that then you will have a really good chance I think.

Advertisement