Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good 360 Steering Wheel

Options
  • 28-07-2011 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭

Im looking for a decent steering wheel, doesnt need to be top of the line as money is a bit tight. Would need to be wireless as my front USB ports are broken.

Any ideas?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

Afaik,the only good wheel for the 360 is the official microsoft one.This is great piece of kit with really good force feedback.It is wireless,in that it doesn't use a usb connection, but it comes with a separate power supply as the force feedback feature uses too much power for batteries.The only snag is that I think they're out of production for a while now so finding a new one would take a bit of searching and luck.Add to that the fact that a new one would set you back 100e plus.Your best bet would be to search out a 2nd hand one.They come up for sale on adverts.ie every so often and would probably fetch between 40-50e.The other alternative is a micron wheel which retails around 40-45e new.This wheel feels like a piece of s**t in comparison to the microsoft one and in this case you definitely get what you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

Afaik, MS are making a new wireless racing wheel out later this year, but it does look quite a bit like a Wii peripheral.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Asry

Yeah man, seriously the microsoft wheel is deadly. It has pedals and everything. But I think they've stopped manufacturing them altogether? In which case if you see one, buy it. The F1 games will never be the same again...

Afaik, MS are making a new wireless racing wheel out later this year, but it does look quite a bit like a Wii peripheral.

WTF is that??? No pedals, no force feedback, no clamp, NO WAY!!! Nice one microSOFT :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Only €400 used not new here :D

You'd get a real car for that, albeit not a very nice one lmao

There were some made by 3rd party manufactures that I have seen over the years not sure how good or bad they are, but worth a look.

• Advertisement

Well if you're talking car prices you could do worse than having a look here:

http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_eu/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=97&osCsid=6b9aa36bd1406b9a2be099906f187b9d

250e for the wheel alone but when you add on all the recommended accessories then you're talking decent car prices. Still, considering there is no insurance,tax or petrol costs.............:D

Apologies to the OP for this slight diversion to Neverneverland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Yeah Fanatec do the best wheels but they're very expensive!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Is it possible to get a cheapo steering wheel with pedals and/or gear stick for about €50-100 like in the old ps2 days? Or are we talking 200-300€ standard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Tinie wrote: »
    Is it possible to get a cheapo steering wheel with pedals and/or gear stick for about €50-100 like in the old ps2 days? Or are we talking 200-300€ standard?

Here are a few in Argos,don't know about the quality i'm afraid.
    http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=13352&langId=111&searchTerms=Xbox+360+Steering+Wheel&authToken=

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SD7792

GTR63 wrote: »

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=13352&langId=111&searchTerms=Xbox+360+Steering+Wheel&authToken=

I have the €100 one there and apart from lacking force feedback it is very good quality :)

• Advertisement

SD7792 wrote: »
    I have the €100 one there and apart from lacking force feedback it is very good quality :)

It may very well be 'very good quality' but no force feedback........ I suppose if you've never experienced it you won't miss it but for me force feedback is what makes the difference between using a controller and a wheel.It really adds a realistic feel when playing a game like forza3 and the upcoming forza4.I think I would rather add a pair of speed freeks to the controller for a few euro than shell out 100e for a wheel without it.Had a look on ebay and from what I can see the microsoft wheels are fetching unreal prices.If I remember correctly,2 years ago,Argos were selling them for 100e so,if anything,they have increased in value which is a rare thing for gaming accessories and imo force feedback is the reason why.

Hey wobbles, one of the official microsoft wheels has just been posted for sale on adverts.ie. See link below:
    http://www.adverts.ie/accessories/microsoft-xbox-360-official-steering-wheel/762313

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭hous

ive always toyed with getting one of these...maybe if new F1 game is any good

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

punk77 wrote: »
    Hey wobbles, one of the official microsoft wheels has just been posted for sale on adverts.ie. See link below:
    http://www.adverts.ie/accessories/microsoft-xbox-360-official-steering-wheel/762313

Raging I didn't see this post earlier. 65e is a steel. can't believe the guy that offerd 60e despite the seller saying specifically no offers below asking price. His loss. Mine too Unfortunately:(

Raging I didn't see this post earlier. 65e is a steel. can't believe the guy that offerd 60e despite the seller saying specifically no offers below asking price. His loss. Mine too Unfortunately:(

Ya,he got what he deserved:D If he had checked the prices on ebay he wouldn't have offered 5e less than asking.Still,I've seen them selling for less on adverts but with Forza4 on the way they will probably fetch a higher price. Keep a sharp eye on adverts as they come up for sale every so often.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

SD7792 wrote: »
    GTR63 wrote: »

The 50 euro Microcon one claims to have force feedback. Are they lying?

robinph wrote: »
    The 50 euro Microcon one claims to have force feedback. Are they lying?

Can you post a link to where they claim this.I would be very surprised.The only thing I've read about the Microcon is that it has 'vibration feedback' which is not the same thing at all.Not even close.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I'm waiting to see what this one will be like pricewise...

http://www.madcatz.com/wheel

If only there was some way to use my DF:GT on the 360, would be perfect, but looks like I'll just have to buy another Xbox specific one when Forza 4 comes out. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Can you post a link to where they claim this.I would be very surprised.The only thing I've read about the Microcon is that it has 'vibration feedback' which is not the same thing at all.Not even close.

Guess I was over reading between the lines of "vibration feedback" then.

robinph wrote: »
    Guess I was over reading between the lines of "vibration feedback" then.

'vibration feedback' is just a fancy way of describing a rumble feature which all wheels would have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

I have a offical MS one here, only used about 10 times and then put away, make me an offer, based in D12

I have a offical MS one here, only used about 10 times and then put away, make me an offer, based in D12

You're not allowed to sell this on Boards.ie. Adverts.ie is your man. I hope @itsnotmyfault gets this heads up and gets on the ball.

You're not allowed to sell this on Boards.ie. Adverts.ie is your man. I hope @itsnotmyfault gets this heads up and gets on the ball.

:)Seeing this now. Doesn't appear to be on adverts so i'll pm him.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

i've just put up 2 of these up on adverts:

http://www.adverts.ie/774412

Got my microsoft wheel from DrGreenthumb yesterday.

Sound guy and recommended if you need "work" done on your xbox.

Cheers Kev.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

just don't forget your seat belt when your going for a spin

just don't forget your seat belt when your going for a spin

Are you selling that seperately:)?

Got my microsoft wheel from DrGreenthumb yesterday.

Sound guy and recommended if you need "work" done on your xbox.

Cheers Kev.

Great stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

anyone know what exact title "phone line" is used to connect the wheel to the pedals, I have the wheel but lost the connecting cable and would like to try it out on the F1 game which is class btw

• Advertisement

ShaunC wrote: »
    anyone know what exact title "phone line" is used to connect the wheel to the pedals, I have the wheel but lost the connecting cable and would like to try it out on the F1 game which is class btw

Quote from manual 'The racing wheel requires a straight-through RJ-11 cable.Do not use a crossover RJ-11 cable with the racing wheel.' Hope this helps :)

Advertisement