Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do regeneration kids live on your street?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Mostly a landlord will rent the house to the HSE and the HSE put whoever they see fit in the property. The landlord, in most cases, have little or no say.

I know two friends whom have HSE people in their houses. One of whom was being paid rent by the HSE for 3 months and the house was not even occupied.
    Hmm that's definitely interesting and great for the landlords in that they can be sure they are going to get paid, however in the event that the tenants are antisocial who would the neighbours complain to?

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Quite interesting and alarming.Suggests that housing situation in some Limerick suburbs is fairly chaotic , poorly planned and monitored.Underlines the belief that decent people in Limerick,as elsewhere I am sure,are,increasingly,being treated appallingly badly by local authorities and the HSE.Few executive officials from such organisations have to endure the insecurity,intimidation,the wanton damage that the feral offspring of their neighbours impose at will and with impunity.Where are the Gardai? Well they certainly don't live in in such plagued areas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Villa05

I wonder could one living in areas with antisocial behavior problems as a result of local authority tenants avoid paying the property tax.
    The tax is to be used to fund local authorities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

There really is to sides to it and not all people being moved because of regeneration are bad. We recently had both sides of this in our estate with one particular house. The first time around a young couple moved in and she was pregnant at the time. I spoke to her once a came across fine. Her other half was a different story. Himself and his mates would spend most of most nights out the back smoking god knows what off there faces. Being noisy and just a general nuisance. I found one of them in my back garden at 4am on night. needless to say we had words. This was followed by a number of break ins to houses and cars all around their house. Most people put 2 and 2 together. They move one and were replaced by their polar opposites.
    I will admit tho it did piss me off something that my house devalued 80 or 90 grand, my taxes were gone up, id done my best to go to college and get a job and work my way up. scrap a deposit together and end up living beside people who I was paying for the whole time!

Advertisement