Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good pubs in Cork for late 20's/early 30's heads

Options
  • 29-07-2011 12:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

to the great people of Cork
    Could ye recommend any good pubs for the above neolithic demographics exist in your fine city. Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭trebormurf

Catwalk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭spagboll

catwalk........imo the roughest pub in the city centre

bodega, mutton lane, crane lane, old oak, tom barrys, fionnbarras, scotts, roundy....all tend to be 25+

that new pub Electric is strictly 25+

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

What kind of scene are you looking for? Midweek The Old Oak can be quite good, despite the owner being a complete arsehole it's still not a bad spot, the live music is usually very good and it's facing the bar, so there's a nice atmosphere. I've had people recommend Electric also but haven't been yet. The Washington Inn and Preachers are nice bars to start off before you go to a late bar.

Are you looking for a place down town with lots of people or somewhere to chill out and have a game of pool. What nights do you go out?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Franciscan Well or Fionnbarras, you can't go wrong with either of them! Lovely beers and good atmosphere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭iliketeaandcake

For the best beers.. Bierhaus, Fran Well, Fionnbarras, and the Abbott Alehouse are all great pubs. The slate is grand for a late bar, the bodega a bit more lively. I don't like the nightclubs now I'm older and less patient putting up with ****e ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Long Island is also a nice spot for a few cocktails before heading off somewhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Costigans on Washington Street is another older bar. Nice crowd there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

spagboll wrote: »
    =that new pub Electric is strictly 25+

No it's not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Dave147 wrote: »
    The Old Oak can be quite good, despite the owner being a complete arsehole it's still not a bad spot

What bother have you had with the owner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭0O7

spagboll wrote: »
    catwalk........imo the roughest pub in the city centre

bodega, mutton lane, crane lane, old oak, tom barrys, fionnbarras, scotts, roundy....all tend to be 25+

that new pub Electric is strictly 25+

agree.

EXCEEEEEPT : Electric is the worst place ever! its as if they tried to make it a high class / celeb / 20000000 bottle of champ / look down on everybody place....
    it sux imo

bodega, mutton lane, crane lane, old oak, tom barrys, fionnbarras, scotts, roundy all good tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Tom Barrys, Costigans, Scotts, Long Island for coctails!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

Counihans, Tom Barrys, or Electric or Henchys in St Lukes

• Registered Users Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I know this is a club but it's kind of like a bar feel about it but the Bowery is good - even though I've only been there once on a sat night and it was jointed so was a bit uncomfortable (!) but there was a good vibe about the place and it's like the new 'place to be' for late 20's/30's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Bierhaus is one of my favourites when in town. It's on Pope's Quay - across the bridge from the Coal Quay.

Advertisement