Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

07 Bandit - How to Remove OEM luggage rack

• 29-07-2011 12:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭

Hey all. Thanks again for helping me choose a first bike a few months back.

I'm after getting my hands on a nice 2007 GSF650 Bandit S which is in very good nick..!

Would anyone here be able to explain to me how to safely remove the Suzuki luggage rack on top box that is on the bike? Is it the same for all bikes or does each bike have a different standard? I see a lot of bolts/screws yet wouldn't be too sure where to start.

It would be nice to have it off for the short/day long trips and be in a situation where I could re-attach it again for the longer/overnight trips.

Thanks in advance and hoping you can help.

This time Google really hasn't been my friend! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

If it's like mine there are 3 allen bolts that need to be undone on both sides.

There is 1 on the pillion footpegs and there are 2 behind the seat unit itself. This is where the grab rail would be.

Is this the same set up on your one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

I just had a look there and it has five bolts on each side and one by the grab rail.

It looks like there's no need for me to remove it now though as I've found that the rack itself polished up nicely after removing the top box. I don't mind it being there now as it's practically indistinguishable.

Loving the bike though. Thank you for your help!

Advertisement