Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have an idea for a product.

Options
  • 29-07-2011 2:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭

Don't know if it's even possible to make it. It's in an aerosol can anyways. how do i go about trying to get the product made, without someone trying to steal the idea? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Its it deodorant? That mighta been done..

A good first step its to prototype, shed style. With an aerosol try building big for convenience. Fire extinguisher maybe. You could charge that with a foot pump and fill it with whatever you want by unscrewing the top off

Remember, you're testing concept, it doesn't need to be pretty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

mawk wrote: »
    Its it deodorant? That mighta been done..

A good first step its to prototype, shed style. With an aerosol try building big for convenience. Fire extinguisher maybe. You could charge that with a foot pump and fill it with whatever you want by unscrewing the top off

Remember, you're testing concept, it doesn't need to be pretty

Thanks, but it's not a deodorant :)

It's a plasticy/foamy/gel substace that comes out and expands, and over time it is able to stretch without damaging the surface of the plastic. I can't tell you what it's used for ;) as people may steal it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

silly putty mousse eh?

thats.. not something you can make in your shed, I would imagine. but ive never worked in the area.
    guess is, you could try contacting the ITs in your area and ask the process/chemical head of department if he has some students that would like to take on the product as a project.

or set up a polymer lab in your spare room. id do the latter but thats me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

silly putty mousse eh?

thats.. not something you can make in your shed, I would imagine. but ive never worked in the area.
    guess is, you could try contacting the ITs in your area and ask the process/chemical head of department if he has some students that would like to take on the product as a project.

Who said I have a spare room? :P

I'm not even sure if the product could be made, but I know that the product would be a pretty big seller. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

Samich wrote: »
    silly putty mousse eh?

Who said I have a spare room? :P

I'm not even sure if the product could be made, but I know that the product would be a pretty big seller. :)

Get an NDA, I can mail you a generic one if you like. After that you get anyone working on the product to sign the NDA. That gives some degree of legal protection.
    Are you an engineer? If not then talk to engineers, they will tell you if the product can be manufactured. If it can then be prepaired to spend lots of time and money on it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement