Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Canal (Mosstown Longford area)

Options
  • 29-07-2011 7:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Looking for some advice I have been on a sabbatical from fishing for a few years and I gonna make an attempt to tackle the sport again (pardon the pun) on a trial basis. Any advice on fishing on the royal canal in the mosstown area would be greatly appreciated i.e species, tackle, bait and set up.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

howya, fished the canal there last week at kenagh, 8 or 9 small roach but only used bread(was just tryin it out) will go again with maggots might be better,tried sweetcorn too but wouldnt go near it, i was usin 4lb line and size 16hooks stick float, but i am no expert, mostly into trout fishin on ree:D, but its a nice change,

Advertisement