Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madame Bridget

Options
  • 29-07-2011 7:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭

Can anybody tell me if Madame Bridget still reads palms at Eyre Square? I'm going there this weekend, and it's been a while since I last saw her.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

She's still there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Thanks, Kitty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 44 john locke

yep seen her there last saturday. you going to give it a go?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

lool

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭skinandblister

She is still there, as far I know she charges €5. I've never been to her so dont know what she is like. Let us know how you get on. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 lenny curtin

ohh god stay away from her

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

ohh god stay away from her
    Why, what does it matter to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 lenny curtin

could u tell me how to post a new thread please it would help

You have already posted in Mackerel threads.

There's a forum for new users here with tips.

As you're new I might add that posting things like "stay away from this or that" with no further explanation isn't nice as it makes us think you're only trying to badmouth someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

I'll believe in Psychics/Precogs the day I see the headline "Psychic wins Lotto for second week running." and\or a Psychic hotline rings me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MissMoppet

She is still there, as far I know she charges €5. :)

I think it's more like €30... I called up to see and was like :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭skinandblister

MissMoppet wrote: »
    I think it's more like €30... I called up to see and was like :eek:.

Are you serious? :eek: Anytime I passed by her she would have a piece of cardboard beside her saying €5. I wouldnt be suprised to hear it go up to €10 but €30 thats beyond a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Are you serious? :eek: Anytime I passed by her she would have a piece of cardboard beside her saying €5. I wouldnt be suprised to hear it go up to €10 but €30 thats beyond a joke.

Sher it's race week, even Madam Bridget has to make hay while the sun shines.
    She KNEW people would understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

It's all about demand and supply.

If idiots are willing to part with E30, then fair play to her IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MissMoppet

Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong woman..I'm thinkin of the woman who is in the shopping centre..Are u on about the woman who sits outside Supermacs?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Eman Resu wrote: »
    I'll believe in Psychics/Precogs the day I see the headline "Psychic wins Lotto for second week running." and\or a Psychic hotline rings me.

Thats like the time The News of the World closed down a couple of weeks back.

Mystic Meg never saw that one coming. :pac:

MissMoppet wrote: »
    Are u on about the woman who sits outside Supermacs?

Yes, that is Madam Bridget.

(Bridie to her friends, according to Mr justMary who seems to know the strangest people!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

She must be going years at this stage! Me missus was telling me she remembers her sittin in the same spot when she used to visit up here as a child. I always wanted to get me fortune read from her as a novelty but i never got round to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Sorry, I forgot about this thread! I didn't get to go as my uncle died that weekend!

I wonder would Madame B have known that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Brainwaves

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone tell me if Madame Bridget the fortune teller in Galway is still around? I have made a few trips there over past year and a half, she always sat outside the bank on the corner of Eyre Square, has she retired?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Spring Onion

She might have gone back to the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

R.I.P Madam Briget :(

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

RIP - another one of Galway's "regular fixtures" departs the scene..

Mind you, it's a testament to her great health that she lasted this long, considering the way she used to ate the fags ...

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Tipsygypsy

Aw, RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

RIP

She had been in and out of hospital with a while. She was beside my granny and she was entertaining for a bit until she got annoying. She was not as old as I thought she was. Obviously the smoking and sitting in the elements aged her a lot. Is she one of the last true Galway characters left?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

We still have Nora!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

She used to come in to Supermacs in the square when I worked there. A nice old character. Completely harmless. Her husband was with her some of the time.
    She was some woman - one of the last real old characters in Galway.

RIP

Advertisement