Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiet case fans - 120mm, maybe variable speeds

Options
  • 29-07-2011 8:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

Any thoughts?

I have an old Antec P180 case and its very quiet but the original fans packed up some time ago and when I replaced them with were cheap and noisy.

I am looking for 3-4 good 120mm Fans, very quiet with variable speeds would be a plus but I assume that would be more expensive.
    So maybe something like 900 rpm but I get 4 or 5 of them

I'm looking to spend around €50 in total

I have had a look around but what I am finding either, whats seems to be, not very good fans or very very expensive and good fans. Plus I dont know enough about this so getting a bit lost

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Leman

http://www.quietpc.com/ie-en-eur/products/120mmfans

Bam. :)

I personally use the Scythe Slipstream 2000RPM fans with a Fan controller. Even at full belt they are pretty quiet. If you have 4pin connectors on your motherboard, you can get PWM fans that will allow you to control their speed via software.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Slipstreams are your best bet for quiet case fans. The expensive ones are designed as radiator fans, with static pressure in mind over CFM. That's why they're more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

OP, I was thinking about picking up one of the PWM slipstreams for my Hyper 212+:
    http://www.quietpc.com/ie-en-eur/products/120mmfans/slip-stream-120-pwm

If you're ordering from quietpc, let me know and we can split the shipping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Im running 7 noctua 120mm fans and they are variable from 900/1100/1300

I can hardly hear them at 1100rpm...
    Just a slight hum

My gfx card cooler has the 2000rpm sythe slipsteam and that is a quiet fan aswell..

Advertisement