Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec 63DV 14 Call Engineer

Options
  • 29-07-2011 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi Folks,

I went to set my Astec 63DV alarm yesterday morning and I got Zone 1 tamper EOL, Zone 2 tamper EOL right thru to Zone 6. Now the control panel is showing "14 Call Engineer" and to make matter worse the alarm when off twice last night and it was not even set.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
    Liam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

lgflynn wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I went to set my Astec 63DV alarm yesterday morning and I got Zone 1 tamper EOL, Zone 2 tamper EOL right thru to Zone 6. Now the control panel is showing "14 Call Engineer" and to make matter worse the alarm when off twice last night and it was not even set.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
    Liam

14 Call Engineer, a tamper condition on a zone. It is either usually caused by a short circuit, sensor lid being removed. If you did nothing to the panel and this appeared then I would try a factory default.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Normally when that happens the panel is faulty. It's a power surge or lightening coming in through the phone cable that does the damage.

I did see that fault before and if was caused by the telephone cable shorting off a zone cable in a junction box.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If a device lid is removed it will show tamper open. Tamper EOL refers to a short on the loop prior to the EOL resistor. If this is across all zones Fred's analysis would more than likely be correct.
    Power down and power back up. If there is a phone line connected remove that for now.
    If that fails they try defaulting the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lgflynn

HI Folks,

Thanks for the rapid replies, to power down, do I just swich off the mains power and remove the supply from the alarm for a few hours.

Thanks,
    Liam

To power down turn off the mains, open lid on control panel then remove the battery link. It is located on the right hand side of the panel. It only needs to be like this for 15 seconds.

To try the default, remove the other link on the left hand side also then power back up. If 4711 allows you disarm the system it is defaulted. If not it is engineer locked. Put default link back in if it works. If the default code does not work put in your own user code.

• Advertisement

Hi Folks,

I removed the battery link and factory default link and reseated, still getting 14 Call Eng error. I have also removed the phone connection now.

Is there any test I could run to check the differant zones or Is it worth calling in the experts now.

Thanks again,
    Liam

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Did the panel default?
    Is there a phone line?
    If you disconnect each zone does it change to tamper open?
    Have you got a multimeter?

Hi Folks,

I removed the battery link and factory default link and reseated, still getting 14 Call Eng error. I have also removed the phone connection now.

Is there any test I could run to check the differant zones or Is it worth calling in the experts now.

Thanks again,
    Liam

If it defaulted put in 1174 to get into engineering. Then clear 11 to see the faults displayed. If you still have faults on all zones then the panel is gone faulty.

Hi Folks,

I reset it again and would you belive its after coming back online with no error. Im not sure what happened, but its working.

Thanks for all your help,
    Liam

Glad to see you got sorted.
    Any hassles you know where we are.
    If the same happens again I would change the panel.

• Advertisement

Hi Folks,

I reset it again and would you belive its after coming back online with no error. Im not sure what happened, but its working.

Thanks for all your help,
    Liam

Thats Good,

Make sure you change the engineer code clear 92. clear 99 to exit engineering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 juliebalin

Looking to source astec alarm engineers manual anyone got one ????? need to change 2 contacts please

I have PMed you that manual.
    Astec contacts are no longer available. You can replace with a standard contact but you will need a680 ohm resistor for each contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 juliebalin

koolkid pm sent

Advertisement