Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For Sale/Swap/Bargain Alerts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Reduced price to €90 including paypal fees and postage if anyone is interested in this Zen Atty Pro. In perfect condition and comes with some mesh and wire.

Picture of Zen Atty pro - 3hcTyRhl.jpg[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭o0maverick0o

For Sale
    provari mini v2 silver, trustfire charger 160
    twins telescopic extension 10
    gemini ss drip tip 6

clockworks rda (black anodised aluminium top and two clear tops) 25

What's the overall condition of the provari? (Scratches, dents, functionality and if the logo is still clear) thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the bottom of the battery cap has a few light scratches on it, as youd expect from something that spends all day sitting on a desk
    other than that it's as new

the bottom of the battery cap has a few light scratches on it, as youd expect from something that spends all day sitting on a desk
    other than that it's as new

What is the colour of the LED?

blue

took me a minute to figure out how to turn the bastard back on to check

• Advertisement

blue

took me a minute to figure out how to turn the bastard back on to check

Will you take 140 for the provari mini v2 silver, trustfire charger, twins telescopic extension and batteries? Ill buy it now if you agree thanks

no, sorry. i'm in no rush to sell it so looking for asking price. if it hasn't sold in a couple of months, maybe..

no, sorry. i'm in no rush to sell it so looking for asking price. if it hasn't sold in a couple of months, maybe..

Ok thanks good luck with the sale

Ok thanks good luck with the sale

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

Right,
    Somebody sell me a nice mod. VV / VW or mech, I don't mind, just needs to be pretty, capable of 18350 mode, and pretty. Oh, around the €80 mark too.

Ta ta.

Edit - I may be pushed to €120 my absolute max....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

E. Fudd wrote: »
    Right,
    Somebody sell me a nice mod. VV / VW or mech, I don't mind, just needs to be pretty, capable of 18350 mode, and pretty. Oh, around the €80 mark too.

Ta ta.

Edit - I may be pushed to €120 my absolute max....

Step into my office... :D

superneat wrote: »
    Step into my office... :D

I heard you may be the man to speak to alright.......

Hit me......

Sorry, usually I'd have something but I sold a lot this week. If you're on ECF or VW, have a look through the classifieds, you would get something nice for your budget.

I think there is a nova v2 18350 hybrid, see todds review, on VW at the moment for around €130.

Sorry, usually I'd have something but I sold a lot this week. If you're on ECF or VW, have a look through the classifieds, you would get something nice for your budget.

I think there is a nova v2 18350 hybrid, see todds review, on VW at the moment for around €130.

What's ECF and VW??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

E. Fudd wrote: »
    What's ECF and VW??

ECF = e-cigarette-forum (you have to be verified to use the classifieds)
    VW = VaporWall (they can take anywhere from days to months to approve your registration, so don't hold your breath. Mine took two weeks.)
    UKV = UKVapers (your best bet, but someone can choose not to sell to you if they don't want to, and being that you're new and have no posting history on the site there's a good chance of that, unless you tell them you'll PayPal as a gift. They can't ask for that, but if you PM a user with good reputation that you'd basically trust them not to steal from you, they might trust you back).

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pete jordan

Wish I knew what you were talking about

Electronic cigarette forums.

how the jews are secretly running the world

Sorry, I have to stop assuming everyone is on vaporwall and ecf :(

Vaporwall is a funny one as grindle said, some people are waiting up to two months to be granted access and I only had to wait two days. I have no idea why this is the case. Great site though.

On ECF you need to become verified by proving name and address, a bit intrusive but at least they try to protect people somehow.

But ya, I've gotten some great bargains on the classifieds from both websites.

UKV is a good forum but I find there's a "pack mentality" there that takes time to warm into, especially the classies. Most good stuff there is gone in minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Yeah, UKV is decent alright but.....it gets a bit nasty or something at times. A lot of threads seem to degenerate into slanging or a 'pack' mentality as you say. Elitism seems to be quite prominent on there.

Our own forum here is a far nicer place to be....people don't judge based on devices, ability or anything like that and try to help each other out.

I think it's a numbers thing, less members = less possible shhhtheads.

A big trend at the moment is these "keyboard warriors" or, the "moral police" I likes to call em, are commenting on every advert with a high price tag. Loads of ads recently have had comments deleted cause 5 or 6 "lads" berate the poster for looking to get 2 times the retail price of certain things.

Fair enough if there are rules broken, but VW for one, doesn't have an over RRP maximum like some sites.

If I want to buy an item at twice the rrp when it's unobtainable by other means, that's my prerogative, I don't need to be listening to the MP's opinions. We're all adults in this game thanks.

It's funny, ECF is my favourite vaping forum, it's very friendly, lovely people on there.
    Then you have the total opposite on vapepit. That's a nasty place altogether. I only go on it to check on certain mods available only there. A lot of the members there like to be "edgy" and not "watered down like ECF".

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

A big trend at the moment is these "keyboard warriors" or, the "moral police" I likes to call em, are commenting on every advert with a high price tag. Loads of ads recently have had comments deleted cause 5 or 6 "lads" berate the poster for looking to get 2 times the retail price of certain things.

Fair enough if there are rules broken, but VW for one, doesn't have an over RRP maximum like some sites.

If I want to buy an item at twice the rrp when it's unobtainable by other means, that's my prerogative, I don't need to be listening to the MP's opinions. We're all adults in this game thanks.
    I think that's pretty understandable. If you get a lot of over-RRP selling it'll encourage people to buy up rare mods purely to sell them on for a profit, the same why ticket-touts buy all the tickets for games/concerts so they can corner the market and drive the prices sky high.

There's arguably nothing wrong with that in principle. But from UKVs point of view they're a community site, community owned and community driven, why should they put all the work into building a good site for someone else to then come along and make a sneaky profit from it. Essentially they're create a market for someone else's profit and the only thing they get in return is higher prices for the mods they want to buy.

the mod makers can deal with that though. restrict the amount that people can buy at a time, like you get with some concert tickets to screw scalpers.

Then you have the total opposite on vapepit. That's a nasty place altogether. I only go on it to check on certain mods available only there. A lot of the members there like to be "edgy" and not "watered down like ECF".

Have you been on Vapers Forum? Even worse. Just a whole lot of everybody being c*nts to everyone else.
    The /b/ of the vaping world.

stevenmu wrote: »
    I think that's pretty understandable. If you get a lot of over-RRP selling it'll encourage people to buy up rare mods purely to sell them on for a profit, the same why ticket-touts buy all the tickets for games/concerts so they can corner the market and drive the prices sky high.

There's arguably nothing wrong with that in principle. But from UKVs point of view they're a community site, community owned and community driven, why should they put all the work into building a good site for someone else to then come along and make a sneaky profit from it. Essentially they're create a market for someone else's profit and the only thing they get in return is higher prices for the mods they want to buy.

I see your point, but over at UKV they have an over RRP section for anything overpriced.
    And the regular posters there do a great job of making very sure every advert is priced correctly :rolleyes:

The most offending stuff I've seen is over at VW where no rules regarding sale prices exist. If the mods there don't have a problem with an item being 3X RRP, which they say they do, actually, but they obviously don't, then people should mind their own business.

No one is going to buy an expensive, hard to get item from the classifieds without, 1. Knowing what it is and 2. Knowing what it costs new.

Personally I'd love to buy a foggatty for either retail price or a fair price just over retail. That might never happen for me! So if I spot one for two times the price, I'll think about buying it. Call me mad, maybe I am, but "worth" is a personal thing.

For the most part intentions are good, but this is life, supply and demand, it's not going to change over sour grapes.

the mod makers can deal with that though. restrict the amount that people can buy at a time, like you get with some concert tickets to screw scalpers.

Exactly, also the list system, although tedious, is the best way imo to conduct sales, I mean it's the fairest way. Just keep the list open, you'll know where you stand, time wise, and the maker will know, demand wise.

Or better yet, don't trickle out the production numbers. If you have a product people want, make enough of it!

Look at the sales model of the LE hybrids though, small batches, guaranteed to sell out in minutes, but that directly fuels the second hand sale of them at exorbitant prices.

People will always want what they can't have.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

I like ukvapers habit of of posting RRP and the asking price; that way nobody is getting ripped off. Its gets a bit much when its a "rare" ego kit :eek: asking above retail.
    As long as everyone knows the story, there is no fraud. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Yeah, UKV is decent alright but.....it gets a bit nasty or something at times. A lot of threads seem to degenerate into slanging or a 'pack' mentality as you say. Elitism seems to be quite prominent on there.

Our own forum here is a far nicer place to be....people don't judge based on devices, ability or anything like that and try to help each other out.

I hate that kind of mentality. That's the reason why I love this forum so much. You're all really sound. Except from Grindle of course. Superneats a bit of a b@stard too.

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭P.I.T.A

StickyIcky wrote: »
    I hate that kind of mentality. That's the reason why I love this forum so much. You're all really sound. Except from Grindle of course. Superneats a bit of a b@stard too.

:p
    here, here :D

Advertisement