Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

apple us Ireland shipping

• 29-07-2011 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Can anyone advise me is it possible to get an iPad shipped from the US to Ireland from apple as they are much cheaper ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

no!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Homer

There are many reasons why they are cheaper that are too long and drawn out to get into here, but their tax alone is less than half ours in most states in the US. Even if you could get it shipped here you would be liable for VAT and duty on the item making it more expensive than buying it here!! If ya want a cheap ipad then keep an eye on adverts/donedeal etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

bellew87 wrote: »
    Can anyone advise me is it possible to get an iPad shipped from the US to Ireland from apple as they are much cheaper ??

You cannot buy anything on the Apple US site and have it shipped anywhere else but America. Hence why it redirects you to the Irish store when you try.

Unless you have a relative going to or from the States, theres no way around this. I did the math for about 18 months before I bought an iPad here, the saving for all the hassle was minimal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

18 months of math really? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

18 months of math really? :pac:

Factoring in exchange rates, waiting for someone to actually be in the States, and finally making sure there would be stock / delivered in time, I waited about 18 months before buying it here.

By the time I'm finished my degree its going to be 5 years of Maths so I suppose it ain't too bad :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 mercedesbenz

What if you know someone in the US? Would you still be liable for VAT when it comes through customs?

Just from looking at the Apple US website, it's only €240 for an iPad Mini vs. €339 for one here. :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

What if you know someone in the US? Would you still be liable for VAT when it comes through customs?

Just from looking at the Apple US website, it's only €240 for an iPad Mini vs. €339 for one here. :D

Yes you would. Price + shipping €23%. You shouldn't reopen 18 month old threads.

Thanks for reply :)

Do you mind me asking why it should not be reopened?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Thanks for reply :)

Do you mind me asking why it should not be reopened?

Boards policy is not to reopen isn't old threads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭boardzz

I got an iPod Touch shipped from USA which would work out €70 cheaper. However I was stung by customs for duty and vat to the cost of €60. The process is not worth it unless you can get away without paying customs.

• Advertisement

whiterebel wrote: »
    Boards policy is not to reopen isn't old threads

Yeah... I asked you why.:confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Yeah... I asked you why.:confused:

Yeah... He already told you :confused:

Advertisement