Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self Adhesive Vinyl Tiles on ply

• 29-07-2011 11:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,466 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've what is probably a dumb question... Can I lay self adhesive tiles directly onto ply?

I had assumed so, but I'm second guessing myself now, as the back of the box says "seal porous surfaces". The DIY chain are about as helpful as you'd expect...

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I used an old tin of varnish i had to seal the ply but your right the dust will cause them to come loose over time.

You can use anything that you have that will seal. Old emulsion/varnish but not gloss and generally a paint close to the tile colour or you will see it behind the tiles.

You can even use ploybond which is cheap and effective but dont stand on it once you paint it. It dries sticky and your feet will stick to the floor.

Advertisement