Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Decent looking non-team jerseys

• 29-07-2011 11:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭

I'm not mad about getting team cycling jerseys, don't like the look of them or that they're plastered in so many logos. But most of the non-team jerseys I've seen are just very plain.

I do have a shortsleeve version of this Campagnolo jersey and really like it.

Does anyone have tips for sites to get decent looking non-team jerseys? Doesn't have to be retro style but many of the onest I've seen that look well are.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

In among all the very desirable retro stuff, http://www.prendas.co.uk carry quite a lot of 'unsponsored' kit. Much of it at pretty decent prices too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭C3PO

Personally I like the Primal gear ..... http://www.primaleurope.com/. Very good quality too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Rapha have plenty of good looking jerseys (though expensive), as do Solo, which are kind of 'vintagy'.

Also always riding have a decent enough selection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Nice one, quality tips there...now all I need is time over the weekend to browse! Those Simpsons ones are class, wish there was a Johnny Tight Lips one, I ain't sayin nothin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭BryanL

This is nice quality kit, nice fit and little details

http://www.lecol.net/

Nice one, quality tips there...now all I need is time over the weekend to browse! Those Simpsons ones are class, wish there was a Johnny Tight Lips one, I ain't sayin nothin.

Tell em to suck a lemon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

...as do Solo, which are kind of 'vintagy'

Nice looking but very odd. They're sort of made-up retro. Don't know what to make of that, it sort of drives a loophole through the rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Legs or fat tony "Johnny tight lips, what do you see?" as they get shot at.

Johnny "I see a lot of things."

Fat tony "Johnny tight lips, where did they get you?" as he lies on the ground having been shot.

Johnny "I ain't saying nothing."

Seriously cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Lumen wrote: »
    Nice looking but very odd. They're sort of made-up retro. Don't know what to make of that, it sort of drives a loophole through the rules.

Not a fan myself, but they do fit his criteria... for me, it has to be Rapha all the way, and rules be damned -hell, I might even buy a Condor frame!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

I love the Campagnolo stuff !!!

c821_10blkwhtRear.jpg

40b11e179d5223fec3ced83c08ea.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭C3PO

Hammertime wrote: »
    I love the Campagnolo stuff !!!

Yep so do I but is there not something a bit odd about wearing it on a non-Italian bike with Japanese/American components?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

RPL1 wrote: »
    Yep so do I but is there not something a bit odd about wearing it on a non-Italian bike with Japanese/American components?

Ah I dunno, I'm always wearing me Diesel Jeans in me petrol car.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭markcroninbsc

has noone mentioned the boards.ie jerseys? is that because they make you look like a gimp? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Campag apparel = cool = expensive

Campag apparel = expensive = cool

Fixed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Half tempted to go with this and stick a big W on the front and then pretend I'm Wonder Woman.

That Rapha Galibier jersey looks money and would be ideal given that the jersey is for a trip back to the Alps for another session of La Marmotte route....but on the other hand at $200 it is also money in the literal sense too.

Think we pretty much have a winner right here though.

"Ya know Johnny, you could be more helpful"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Got the Rapha Etape jersey, nice although some may not like the white

2701-01.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Total Cycling have a lot of nice jerseys.
    http://www.totalcycling.com/index.php/product/apparel_shoes/jerseys_short_sleeve/index.html

I bought a yellow long sleeve Campagnolo from them.
    (it was yellow and black, not a bit like a Tour de France winner's jersey, and as it was long sleeve nobody would mistake it for a TDF jersey, I'm not dishonouring the jersey ... :pac: :pac: :pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Rapha have plenty of good looking jerseys (though expensive), as do Solo, which are kind of 'vintagy'.

Also always riding have a decent enough selection

I have a few Rapha jerseys and I am not sure that I would buy another one. I like the look. However it is only really good in cold dry weather. In hot muggy weather the sweat does not evapourate and the jersey gets hot, uncomfortable and heavy. Now when you get home and take it off it dries out quickly enough, and it doesnt stink. But it is not a good performance jersey.

I wet weather it is terrible. Gets very wet and heavy. Result - you get cold and miserable.
    Campag apparel = cool = expensive

I have two pairs of camoag shorts and they certainly were not in any way expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

This is what I am wearing in the mornings. It is a very nice jersey. The red colour is striking, it looks better in real life than in the photo.

http://www.prendas.co.uk/details.asp?typ=typ&fkid=2&ID=2768

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,124 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Back of the field for me. I like the 2010 black giro.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Johnners1878

I came across these and really liked them - bought one, (L), only to discover I'm an XL in "athletic cut". It's also a little short as well as too figure-hugging. A few more miles on the clock and I'll shrink into it hopefully. But if you go a size bigger than the guide I'd say you'll be fine. They have long-sleeve fleece-lined winter jerseys coming out soon too.

http://www.hultra.co.uk/content/jerseys.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 monty_mark

I also bought an L, which is my norm for jerseys, only to find I am a Rapha XL. And Rapha have sold out so have no more Etape Acte 1 jerseys. Anyone know where I can get hold of an Acte 1 XL?

Advertisement