Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish company that does little videos for Website?

Options
  • 29-07-2011 11:39am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, does anyone know any companies that can make professional looking videos for a business persons website? A colleague of mine has a new website with some videos - but I do not like the way they are done I think the background and graphics etc are fairly tacky. I don't think he's getting good value either. I'm trying to find a better company that can do these for him. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

Had a look there, the backgrounds are fairly generic alright and its truly awful greenscreen work, very sloppy indeed. Its also low resolution which is pretty poor standard for a modern business. I hope for his sake he didnt pay much for them.

For what its worth Im not a professional, I do all my video and design work as a hobby but can honestly say I work to a significantly higher standard then this. If you want either drop me a pm or get your friend to and we can see if we can organise to redo them to a much more professional standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

wow, hope he didn't pay too much for the video....that green screen work is atrocious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

Zascar wrote: »
    Hey guys, does anyone know any companies that can make professional looking videos for a business persons website? A colleague of mine has a new website with some videos - but I do not like the way they are done I think the background and graphics etc are fairly tacky. I don't think he's getting good value either. I'm trying to find a better company that can do these for him. Any suggestions?

I do the videos that you're after, get in touch and we can chat about what's required bobflav(at)thenextgear.com

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

Yep, the reflection off the greenscreen is cast on his body.terrible.badly lit. At one stage u can see the guy pause and read the lines.Still, he came across as a nice, honest guy despite the amateur production. Not to ridicule the producer, in my experience, ones hand can be tied by clients wanting a certian thing or idea which u know is nafff but theres no talking to them.a brief is a brief soemtimes.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Cheers for the replies. Yes I think the production is very poor, and although the speaker comes across 'ok' it could be a lot better if he was not so obviously reading from a script and maybe given a bit of direction it could be better. Bodham thanks I'll be in contact I just need a week or so to see what he wants to do... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

Zascar wrote: »
    Cheers for the replies. Yes I think the production is very poor, and although the speaker comes across 'ok' it could be a lot better if he was not so obviously reading from a script and maybe given a bit of direction it could be better. Bodham thanks I'll be in contact I just need a week or so to see what he wants to do... :)

No hassle whenever you're ready

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Hi Zascar,

I just sent you a PM with some info, take it easy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭a1000pigeons

Try www.vuviemedia.ie or www.glasseye.ie depending on your budget...

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭IPR_Iain

plusevmedia.com for really cheap

• Advertisement
Advertisement