Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTL Germany

• 29-07-2011 11:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭

What would I need to pick up RTL Germany ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Free to air satellite reciever and a dish around 60 -80cm pointed at Astra1 19east!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Is this in light of Sky's announcement regarding Formula 1 this morning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

staker wrote: »
    Probably! I'm interested too I must say. What would it take at a minimum to get both Astra 28.2E and 19.2E on the same dish from the east coast? Would a 80cm dish suffice? Also could I set it up so that I had a dual LNB for 28.2E (to retain the ability to record/ view 2 channels at once) and a single LNB for 19.2E on a diseqc switch with one of the 28.2E LNB outputs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

currently scanning the channels myself....

is it normal that its picking up bbc, sky channels and lots of other ones available on astra2?

also any idea what the default channel number is?

Alun wrote: »
    Probably! I'm interested too I must say. What would it take at a minimum to get both Astra 28.2E and 19.2E on the same dish from the east coast? Would a 80cm dish suffice? Also could I set it up so that I had a dual LNB for 28.2E (to retain the ability to record/ view 2 channels at once) and a single LNB for 19.2E on a diseqc switch with one of the 28.2E LNB outputs?

Here's my Diy job on an 80cm lidl dish...

Have a quad lnb on 28east for recording (have to run more feeds from it later today)...

Single lnbs on 13 and 19...

On a 4 way diseqc...

An 80cm would be the min i'd say...

dsc00549ib.jpg

currently scanning the channels myself....

is it normal that its picking up bbc, sky channels and lots of other ones available on astra2?

also any idea what the default channel number is?

Astra 2 is 28 east so has all the sky and bbc channels..

Astra1 is 19east which has the RTL channels etc...

Have a look here: http://flysat.com/astra19.php

• Advertisement

i presume i would have to point to dish differently then?

Yes..

Has to be moved to 19 east for the Astra1...

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    Yes..

Has to be moved to 19 east for the Astra1...

feck it....its up on the roof...it scan stay where it is :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    Here's my Diy job on an 80cm lidl dish...

Have a quad lnb on 28east for recording (have to run more feeds from it later today)...

Single lnbs on 13 and 19...

On a 4 way diseqc...

An 80cm would be the min i'd say...

Interesting .. you're in Kerry I see, so if you can manage it there I'm sure it'd work here in Bray!

How difficult was the alignment? Do you have to aim the dish somewhere in between 28.2E and 19.2E and then move the LNB's along the arm to do the alignment rather than moving the dish?

I can't see anything worth bothering with on Hotbird on 13E myself, so probably wouldn't bother with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I can't see anything worth bothering with on Hotbird on 13E myself, so probably wouldn't bother with that.

Al Jazeera sport channels. €120 for the year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Ok so I have basic sky package so will need to retain those channels. Do I need a second dish if I want to receive RTL?

Yes.

Interesting .. you're in Kerry I see, so if you can manage it there I'm sure it'd work here in Bray!

How difficult was the alignment? Do you have to aim the dish somewhere in between 28.2E and 19.2E and then move the LNB's along the arm to do the alignment rather than moving the dish?

Am alignment for 28 east and 19 east was pretty easy..

Focus it around 23 east...

Hardest bit for me was pulling in the three sats with good signal on all!

I agree with Minstrel! Jsc for around 100 quid is great for all footie except epl!

Finished my alignment today only!

dsc00553nc.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭mburke

staker wrote: »

Yes, related to the BBC announcement. Hopefully RTL keep the rights and don't do a runner like bbc. Besides RTL are there other channels showing all the F1 races fta ?

What would be required to get Al Jazeera sport channels. At € 120 euro a year it would be worth considering especially since Sky with HD will be around € 850.

mburke wrote: »
    Besides RTL are there other channels showing all the F1 races fta ?

None that I can think of. RAI encrypts when there is F1 on.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭PressTheButton

Yes, related to the BBC announcement. Hopefully RTL keep the rights and don't do a runner like bbc. Besides RTL are there other channels showing all the F1 races fta ?...

Other live motorsport (but not F1) also on Eurosport Germany at Astra 1L/19.2°E(http://www.lyngsat.com/freetv/Germany.html); if watching F1 on RTL listen to BBC radio 5 Live for commentary.

No need for a second box if you have one of these (or similar):
    Technisat HDFS Freesat HD fully equipped DiSEqC 2.0 satellite receiver.

F1 is not shown by Eurosport Deutschland. Tomorrow they will be showing SBK and WTCC while the F1 is on.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    F1 is not shown by Eurosport Deutschland. Tomorrow they will be showing SBK and WTCC while the F1 is on.

You're right Minstrel. Lots of live motorsports on Eurosport - Le Mans 24 hour, Monte Carlo & Dakar rallies, Superbike World Championships, FIA, WTCC and IRC but F1 = Fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

F1 is like Premier League football.
    Overpaid prima donnas that force it onto pay tv, they are the only ones who can afford them, and not very exciting is it?
    Develop a taste for proper speed sports. Moto GP, Motorcycle road racing (such as IOM TT, NW 200, Ulster GP) They actually overtake each other, now there's a novel idea!
    Low pay = more excitement & enthusiasm (yes I know Moto GP riders are well paid, but compared to golfers and F1 drivers....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

Besides RTL are there other channels showing all the F1 races fta ?

There is a list of F1 broadcasters here: wiki link

It shows TF1 as a broadcaster (only of the race though), and I've seen it reported that TF1 Suisse on 9E is FTA, and that the schedules are the same, just different adverts (although I can't confirm myself). However, it's lifespan as FTA is not known.

Another option would be a TNTSAT card for TF1 on 19E (€15 for 4 years). report

Another option would be feeds with suitable equipment.

• Advertisement

excollier wrote: »
    Develop a taste for proper speed sports. Moto GP, Motorcycle road racing (such as IOM TT, NW 200, Ulster GP) They actually overtake each other, now there's a novel idea!
    +1 for Moto GP. 'Proper speed sports'?? Not a great enthusiast for road racing. Trees + walls always win. Today's F1 had plenty of overtaking, albeit on slippery track. New rules have definitely made F1 more watchable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

+1 for Moto GP. 'Proper speed sports'?? Not a great enthusiast for road racing. Trees + walls always win. Today's F1 had plenty of overtaking, albeit on slippery track. New rules have definitely made F1 more watchable.

Trees and walls are what makes road racing the thrilling sport that it is.
    If you ride a road bike you can really relate to what the riders are doing, they are racing on real roads, on production based machines.
    Many riders do it because it is risky, and not clinically safe, why else would they stick their neck out for almost no financial reward?
    They do it because they love it. Fair play to those who don't want to take a big risk, respect to them too, but true admiration to those that do!:cool:
    Anyway off topic, sorry, I hope RTL show F1 FTA next year, and forget about paying Sky (puke) and watch the rest on BBC.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

excollier wrote: »
    Trees and walls are what makes road racing the thrilling sport that it is.
    If you ride a road bike you can really relate to what the riders are doing, they are racing on real roads, on production based machines.
    Many riders do it because it is risky, and not clinically safe, why else would they stick their neck out for almost no financial reward?
    They do it because they love it. Fair play to those who don't want to take a big risk, respect to them too, but true admiration to those that do!:cool:
    Anyway off topic, sorry, I hope RTL show F1 FTA next year, and forget about paying Sky (puke) and watch the rest on BBC.

http://www.rapidtvnews.com/index.php/2011051912251/rtl-keeps-formula-1-rights.html

yes rtl has it until 2015

Advertisement