Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part time work in a pub??

Options
  • 29-07-2011 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm starting a new college course in Galway this Sept and would really like a part-time job... I have no experience in a pub (but have worked in a busy bookies so know how to deal with cash, customers, working under pressure etc) so i was just wondering does anyone know of any part-time, even day courses in bartending?? Just want to boost the CV anyway I can!!

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

A bar tender told me that once somebody shows you how to pull a pint once that you've got it -

Why dont you go to one of thoses bars where you can pull you own pint - have fun while you learn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

I am thinking of trying for part-time work in bars - would it be better to send in physical CVs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

In bars it would be better to go in and chat to a manager (don't just drop a CV and run), tell them about yourself and what your situation is. Ask for a floor job if you have no experience and work your way up to the bar.

Advertisement