Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health and Safety on Thailand railways...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

That's brilliant,unbelievable stuff!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

thats how life should be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Are the doors open on the DMU or are there just none atall on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

possibly none at all. I know the Mumbai commuters don't have doors, there was a great 2 parter on BBC about it a while ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭dmcronin

Been over there a few years ago and got carte blanche from staff to wander around Bangkok Noi loco shed to take pics. Nearly slipped on my arse on an oily covered sheet of steel!

They don't have a compo culture and the legal system doesn't encourage it. If you get injured doing anything, basically it's your own fault for being a dumb-ass.

Tourists regularly cross the 'real' Bridge On The River Kwai out in Kanchanaburi on foot. This is an operational railway bridge. All the train does is slow down and hoot the horn to clear the way!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

well I have to say if you get injured by a couple of hundred tonnes of train, hooting vigourously and moving slowly it SHOULD be regarded as your own fault. How could it be the trains fault?

Advertisement