Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much can you haggle when renting??

Options
  • 29-07-2011 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi All,

Going to view an apartment this afternoon for the first time. It seems perfect for me, still have to see the inside but it looks ideal. I'm just wondering what price I should I go in at, they are asking for 525 rent, reduced from 550, would it be really unresonable to go in at 450?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Jood10 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Going to view an apartment this afternoon for the first time. It seems perfect for me, still have to see the inside but it looks ideal. I'm just wondering what price I should I go in at, they are asking for 525 rent, reduced from 550, would it be really unresonable to go in at 450?
    No, do it and see how they react. They might say "500 is the lowest I can go" etc. But if you dont ask you dont get.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,501 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

450 is at the extreme range of reasonable but is still a good opening position IMO.

If they say no, you can always up it to 475 and so on, but may as well see if you can get it.

Advertisement