Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Level 8 Mechanical Engineering

Options
  • 29-07-2011 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all,

I am starting the level 8 mechanical engineering course in September.
    Are there any second years or former students who took this course?
    What was it like , what are the lecturers like and is there any tips for a mature student especially money wise, like do I need to buy a load of books or will they be in the library on online?
    Any other tips about the campus , whats it like ?

any feedback would be greatly appreciated !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

rony123 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am starting the level 8 mechanical engineering course in September.
    Are there any second years or former students who took this course?
    What was it like , what are the lecturers like and is there any tips for a mature student especially money wise, like do I need to buy a load of books or will they be in the library on online?
    Any other tips about the campus , whats it like ?

any feedback would be greatly appreciated !!

Have you applied for the Back To Education Allowance and/or the VEC Grants?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 rony123

Have you applied for the Back To Education Allowance and/or the VEC Grants?

Yea i have all that stuff sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭davey101

Shouldn't need to buy any books, what you will need is usually available in the library or use google books. Regarding lecturers, they are all very helpfull and always available if you have any questions or queries.
    I am assuming you are doing the add on level 8 course so one piece of advice i would give is choose your final year project supervisor carefully, what i mean is make sure you can get along with them and that they will make time for you. This will be important as the workload gets ridiculous in the final year and this aspect of the course will demand alot so clear communication and understanding will be very important. Another tip get your ca's done on time, its one thing that will haunt you if you dont.
    Money wise, bring a lunch and you will be grand.
    Best of luck with the course, it'll be over before you know it. :cool:

davey101 wrote: »
    Shouldn't need to buy any books, what you will need is usually available in the library or use google books. Regarding lecturers, they are all very helpfull and always available if you have any questions or queries.
    I am assuming you are doing the add on level 8 course so one piece of advice i would give is choose your final year project supervisor carefully, what i mean is make sure you can get along with them and that they will make time for you. This will be important as the workload gets ridiculous in the final year and this aspect of the course will demand alot so clear communication and understanding will be very important. Another tip get your ca's done on time, its one thing that will haunt you if you dont.
    Money wise, bring a lunch and you will be grand.
    Best of luck with the course, it'll be over before you know it. :cool:

cheers for that

• Registered Users Posts: 28 rui7

Hi Rony,

Are you doing the full time honours degree out in Tallaght or the part time?

I was hoping to do the part time but on the website they say they arent taking anymore new applicants for the part time level 8 degree.

I did a part time level 7 degree there. Some of the lecturers are good and some aint so good. Make sure you go to all the classes and take as much motes as you can and ask questions when your not sure of whats going on. And get all your assignments done as they count for alot of the grades.

• Advertisement

rui7 wrote: »
    Hi Rony,

Are you doing the full time honours degree out in Tallaght or the part time?

I was hoping to do the part time but on the website they say they arent taking anymore new applicants for the part time level 8 degree.

I did a part time level 7 degree there. Some of the lecturers are good and some aint so good. Make sure you go to all the classes and take as much motes as you can and ask questions when your not sure of whats going on. And get all your assignments done as they count for alot of the grades.

I started the full time course this morning

Cheers for the tips

Advertisement