Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Baby New Davey

Options
  • 29-07-2011 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭

I am 92 kilos and need to be 80. There is also a sprog due so i don't have time or energy for anything crazy.

I have been trying to get fit 4 days a week for month and workout currently involves.
    1. Running around the park in sprints with the dog for 15 minutes. I wear vibrams for this as shin splints were stopping me running.
    2. Deadlift 2 sets of 5. Increasing the weight slowly. I am at 60kg at the moment.

I am going to add military press, overhead squats and something else. Any suggestions for another upper body exercise using a barbell or a dog?

P4250359.JPG

So plan is 5 days a week 25 minutes. 15 minutes of running, mainly sprints. And ten minutes of deadlifts/OH squats and some upper body exercise.

Thursday
    10 sprints of about 100 meters each
    2 sets * 5 deadlifts 60kg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

Friday
    6 *100 meters
    2 *400 meters
    2*10 21kg military presses
    1*5 65 kg deadlift (hamstring felt funny so stopped there)

Saturday
    2*10 21 kilo military press
    1 hour walk

Sunday
    2*10 21 kilo overhead squat

Should I be including the weight of the bar in these weight measures?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

cavedave wrote: »
    Saturday
    1 hour walk

Sunday
    2*10 21 kilo overhead squat

Should I be including the weight of the bar in these weight measures?

Yes include the weight of the bar. Can I assume you still don't have a rack and are cleaning the bar before each set of presses?

Is there a reason why you're doing 2x10 pressing/other exercises? Also is there a reason for two days in a row of same exercise? Also why no increase in weight between sessions?

Are you sprinting before deadlifting for a reason? (ie Tiring out your posterior chain and then taxing it with a deadlift...)

Thanks Colum
    Can I assume you still don't have a rack and are cleaning the bar before each set of presses?
    Is there a reason why you're doing 2x10 pressing/other exercises? Also is there a reason for two days in a row of same exercise? Also why no increase in weight between sessions?
    I am cleaning before each set. I am doing 2*10 as I want to get a fair number of military presses and overhead squats with a light enough weight to work on form before starting to up the weight. Two days in a row of Military Presses as I do not know what other upper body exercise to do. And of Deadlifts because I figured doing a small amount everyday was not going to tire me out to much.
    Are you sprinting before deadlifting for a reason? (ie Tiring out your posterior chain and then taxing it with a deadlift...)
    Mainly to act as a warm up (and to get the dog exercised). I think deadlifting with a normal warm up is much easier than waiting till I am tired from sprinting, but most weekdays I do not really have the time for two exercise sessions.

Thanks for Columok for the Pm. He convinced me sprinting followed by deadlifts is probably a bad idea. As is military presses 2 days in a row.

I did a barbell complex of
    8 deadlifts
    8 bent over rows
    8 upright rows
    8 over head squats
    8 military presses
    8 split squats both sides

4 sets with 11 kilos on the bar. One minute rest between sets. I will perfect the form and up the sets before upping the weight.

I figure something like this three days a week combined with running with the mutt 5 days a week should help fitness and weight loss?

• Advertisement
Advertisement