Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get pre mixed cement

• 29-07-2011 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi,

Looking for some advice as to where I can get some pre mixed cement. I live in Kildare and I'm putting a shed in and have dug out the foundation.

Apart from the cost of hiring a mixer and mixing it myself, I am wondering if there is anywhere locally I can buy it already mixed and just pour it in.

I am not looking for a lot. The foundation is 9 foot long, 10.4 foot wide and it will be a maximum of 6 inches in height that I need.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Munurty

How about ready mix concrete? It is delivered in a concrete mixer truck with the cement, stone, sand and water already mixed.

You need a little over 1.3 cubic meters and maybe a 25n10 mix.

I would get prices from a few different suppliers. They will also advise on a suitable mix and calculate the amount you need.

Hanlon concrete and Kilsaran should be close in Kildare.

I would estimate it would cost about €150 Delivered.

With concrete as well you are better off ordering too much than too little in case you are left short.

Advertisement