Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem with access to car park

Options
  • 29-07-2011 2:35pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello, I am currently living in our rented appartment now we're in our 13th month

Anyway long story cut short, we met the owner there for the first time since we moved in(his friend was acting as a kind of land lord)

The managment company has installed a new system into the underground car park which they have better control of.

The managment company has rang me to tell me they're going to be blocking my telephone number & partners from entering the underground carpark

which one was provided when the appartment was bought

the lady from the managment company said there is an issue9I assume fee's) anyway the owner told me he had an issue with them going back years,

which he didn't pay for that year(it was the prevous managment company) so the new one must have taken its debts too

anyway.

Anyway can the girl from the managment company legally refuse me access to my space(well LL) that was provided when he bought it

I can assume the LL is going to sort this out but I don't want to be parking outside the complex

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's an issue between the landlord and management company really, there's not much you can do about it.

Whether they can block access to an allocated parking space is a matter for the leasehold agreement between landlord and management company.

Your only business is with the landlord. If your rental agreement includes access to a parking space, then your landlord is in breach of that agreement (regardless of whether the management company are entitled to block access) and must sort it out with the management company ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Lenny wrote: »
    the lady from the managment company said there is an issue (I assume fee's) anyway the owner told me he had an issue with them going back years, which he didn't pay for that year(it was the prevous managment company) so the new one must have taken its debts too

Anyway can the girl from the management company legally refuse me access to my space(well LL) that was provided when he bought it

It's the same management company (you can't change management company), but probably a different management agent. Either way, all management fees are owed to the management company (the day to day business is normally managed by a management agent).

So, until the landlord pays his fees, yes, they are within their rights not to grant access. The management company own the space, the owner (landlord), and by lease agreement in this case you, only have exclusive use of the space.

But, your contract is with the landlord, so it is up to him to solve the issue. Keep chasing him about it. Hopefully he will arrange access for you soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Look for a different apartment, and let the landlord know that unless he gets it sorted, you'll move to somewhere that has parking. Heck, there may even be another apartment in the block that doesn't have this problem :P

Advertisement