Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I still be accepted into a UK uni if I've missed the offer?

Options
  • 29-07-2011 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭

I applied to both cao and ucas.
    My offer for one of the English universities was quite high and requires me to get two A1s and 4 B1s I do 3 honours and 3 ordinary.

But on the exams I messed up in a few of them and I don't think I got an A and not a B in maths the most I'll get is a D3. I think I got D's a few C's maybe 1/2 B's. What are the likelihoods that I'll still be accepted?
    I know I'll probably phone up and speak to them about it on the day.
    I done this 6 week computer course too in the summer which might help me and it's related to the course I applied for?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

It very much depends on the college and course. Your best bet is to get in touch on results day and/or go through Clearing. If the course isn't oversubscribed then they'll be more lenient with the entry requirements.

Advertisement