Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!! CHRISTMAS ALERT !!

• 29-07-2011 2:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭

Believe it or not but the city council have started to put the Christmas decorations already,,here we go again with the silly early stuff.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

What decorations are they putting up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Is it the rogue ones I spotted on Thomas Street lower?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Cunning plan by limerick council, fooling the people of ireland into thinking that christmas will be coming early to limerick.
    Buyers will shop to the city in droves, will be worth 10 million to the local economy.
    I applaud the forward thinking of the council

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

the one i saw was one the corner of thomas st and o connell st.
    maybe its part of the councils city centre regeneration strategy,trying to get people back into the centre.

ok put the right shops there and i will return,christmas decs won't make me come in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Mentioned here a few weeks ago - do keep up :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

daveob007 wrote: »
    the one i saw was one the corner of thomas st and o connell st.
    maybe its part of the councils city centre regeneration strategy,trying to get people back into the centre.

ok put the right shops there and i will return,christmas decs won't make me come in.

been there weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Did anyone actually find out why they were there..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Did anyone actually find out why they were there..?

Could be the retailers Christmas decorations and they cant be arsed paying to take them down.

Could the councils and [read above]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 malahide05

Happy Christmas. May i be the first to say it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Could be the retailers Christmas decorations and they cant be arsed paying to take them down.

Could the councils and [read above]

Well they were only put up overnight a few weeks ago like so I dunno! :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

krudler wrote: »
    been there weeks

Have they not been there since last Christmas!!:eek: I'm almost sure they have been up all year!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

They went up only a few weeks ago. Nobody seems to know why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Wonder what kind of tree/tourist attraction will go up this year? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

I hear that this year they are going to fling the Treaty Stone into the Shannon and see if it floats.....if it does then they are going to stick a few lights on it, if it sinks well then it will just be the same as the last couple of christmas's, another glorious balls-up by our esteemed city council.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭frank gallagher

did they ever take them down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Im told by a friend working in BT that they were bought and installed as a test for some retailers to see to decide on buying them for the xmas season, and to see how they lasted etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

zuroph wrote: »
    Im told by a friend working in BT that they were bought and installed as a test for some retailers to see to decide on buying them for the xmas season, and to see how they lasted etc.

If you look at them though, theyre actually just the ones they hang on William Street turned on their sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

If you look at them though, theyre actually just the ones they hang on William Street turned on their sides.

could be a test of the mounts then, which would explain why they've been up a while.

Advertisement