Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 weeks for academic transcript - wtf?

• 29-07-2011 3:00pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭

So I just ring the records office about getting my academic transcript, your one at the end of the line had some bad attitude. Think I know the one from my time there.

Anyway I being polite as possible enquire about ordering it sent out over the phone.

Your one goes 20e charge over the phone, AND YOU'LL BE WAITING THREE WEEKS.

I'm there like WAT. So I goes If i call up will it be faster and she goes, no 3 weeks is minimum.

This is bizarre. Sure they print it off a computer. i remember going up with a friend and they printed it off there and then a while back.

anyway i need it so I say hang on a sec so I'll get my laser card. When I get back she's after hanging up!
    **** that staff member and **** that place.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭teddy b123

academic transcript, is that just an official statement of results?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

teddy b123 wrote: »
    academic transcript, is that just an official statement of results?

yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭spiderjazz

The office are some joke up there. UCC is widely known though as being extremely soft to work in, well paid with great benefits, by all accounts every job is protected and you will only meet the rare few who will make an effort to help you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭deisedude

jayteecork wrote: »
    So I just ring the records office about getting my academic transcript, your one at the end of the line had some bad attitude. Think I know the one from my time there.

Anyway I being polite as possible enquire about ordering it sent out over the phone.

Your one goes 20e charge over the phone, AND YOU'LL BE WAITING THREE WEEKS.

I'm there like WAT. So I goes If i call up will it be faster and she goes, no 3 weeks is minimum.

This is bizarre. Sure they print it off a computer. i remember going up with a friend and they printed it off there and then a while back.

anyway i need it so I say hang on a sec so I'll get my laser card. When I get back she's after hanging up!
    **** that staff member and **** that place.

They don't just print it out off a computer. Your transcripts are ordered from someplace. Don't know where from tbh but they are on special paper with UCC logo embossed on it. There is no way they just printed it out for your friend, minimum it takes a week. I do agree admin in UCC is a fecking joke though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

deisedude wrote: »
    on special paper with UCC logo embossed on it.

No reason they could't print on that paper in the office. But this is from a college who were unable to write to my using an Irish address. Fadas were displayed in ASCII code.

Quite embarrassing really that they cant keep up with legal requirements like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭teddy b123

Im guessing what i was given when my results were changed wasn't a transcript?

This was it:
    302ym8k.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,522 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If you need it sooner than 3 weeks, ask them will they accept something from the department (if departmental staff are contactable at the moment).
    teddy b123 wrote: »
    Im guessing what i was given when my results were changed wasn't a transcript?

This was it:
    http://i52.tinypic.com/302ym8k.jpg

No, thats still provisional as it hasn't passed the academic council.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 pinkycardfairy

Did you give her your name? I know a friend of mine who went up to the office and informed them that he had rang them three weeks ago ( which he hadn't), and needed it asap. He had it within 5 minutes. You could try this see if it works

Advertisement