Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo Thread.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭Chrisplayfair

Surprisingly not actually! I could think of 2 places to install a turnout to access the yard (1. Boyne Bridge end beside old turntable and South end of the yard where the stabling roads are).

To date ,Drogheda retains the one exit to and from the yard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Hideous but better than filthy and covered in brake dust IE style. :D

An unusual colour view of poor old 5T (ex.Tralee & Dingle Rly No.5) while marooned at Steamtown, Vermont in the USA. Print for sale on eBay.

5T%2Bat%2BVermont.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 24,494 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Livery error on the newest 22k :D
    (found on another forum)
    attachment.php?attachmentid=2343&d=1345689918
    attachment.php?attachmentid=2344&d=1345689920

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

I like it....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,110 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

That's perverted :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Is that thing going to be let loose on the network?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Is that thing going to be let loose on the network?

Yeah, the online network.

I think it looks really good if someone could fix up the front end a bit. Reminds me of the old livery carried by the French TGV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Ohhh I like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dowlingm

this may be heresy but I never liked the orange livery in any incarnation.

dowlingm wrote: »

GET OUT, NOW!!
    :D:D

also note the wine glass stickers on the cab windows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭dermo88

I only liked the Black and Orange livery in its final incarnation under Iarnrod Eireann, where the white stripe was added. That should have been done in the 1960's.

For style however, the NIR 1990's Intercity

dermo88 wrote: »

I only liked the Black and Orange livery in its final incarnation under Iarnrod Eireann, where the white stripe was added. That should have been done in the 1960's.

For style however, the NIR 1990's Intercity

I'm only surprised that all IE's fleet of DMUs, Mk IVs, DART etc weren't daubed in some awful variation of the black and orange livery. As I've said before, the addition of the toothpaste stripe was the final straw but it saved me a mint in photographic costs. :D

dowlingm wrote: »

It wasn't orange. IT WAS TAN, TAN, TAN!

Got that? T, A, Bleedling N. TAN :D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

It wasn't orange. IT WAS TAN, TAN, TAN!

Got that? T, A, Bleedling N. TAN :D:)
    Losty, wasn't the Black n Tan pre 1972, the CIE orange after that, and btw the Black n Tan or orange is now in the dustbin of history where it belongs. That railcar in orange or tan looks absolutely awful, 30years of that livery was enough.

Sligo Quay wrote: »
    Losty, wasn't the Black n Tan pre 1972, the CIE orange after that, and btw the Black n Tan or orange is now in the dustbin of history where it belongs. That railcar in orange or tan looks absolutely awful, 30years of that livery was enough.

It was in around the early 60's; some of the Cravens came in with it shop painted. Apparently they tried 4 slightly types of livery and shades of tan before finally settling on the exact half half pattern and tone that we became used to. The orange came in with the Mark 3's and some of the Mark 2's as they went to the Oven in Inchicore.

Here's another interesting photo - on eBay tonight - from a time when railtours reached places that other trains didn't! Ardnacrusha circa 1961 with an IRRS special. This branch from Longpavement was largely still in situ in 1993 (!) and the Irish Narrow Gauge Trust gave it serious consideration before opting for Dromod - it was available gratis from the ESB - but at the end of the day it was the native threat that put us off.

Chicken%2BDinner.PNG

Here's another interesting photo - on eBay tonight - from a time when railtours reached places that other trains didn't! Ardnacrusha circa 1961 with an IRRS special. This branch from Longpavement was largely still in situ in 1993 (!) and the Irish Narrow Gauge Trust gave it serious consideration before opting for Dromod - it was available gratis from the ESB - but at the end of the day it was the native threat that put us off.

Chicken%2BDinner.PNG

* Note the 1st class lettering on the Park Royal - the mind boggles! :D

That's mad you posting it up; yesterday I was only looking at an RPSI programme which had a photo or two of this same excursion. The branch was used from the late 60's to load off rubbish into a landfill. Just as well you didn't go near it; making good the land could have been a nightmarish proposition.

The landfill (and natives) were at the Longpavement end and the section that we looked at was a very attractive stretch from the dam back through Parteen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Never knew there was a railway to ardnacrusha. And I living on it's doorstep!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭Chrisplayfair

http://chrisplayfair.smugmug.com/Travel/2012-Photos/August-2012/24556647_sBDRWS#!i=2049139222&k=MjV9wsP

a few photos from the midlands on friday including 086 on the timber + 209 on the cork

attachment.php?attachmentid=2349&d=1345734111
    attachment.php?attachmentid=2350&d=1345734114

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

The Sperry Train sitting in athlone midland at the minute.
    Waiting for an ICR i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Pictures taken straight off DCDRs Facebook page of 146 getting her lines done
    146paint.jpg
    146paint2_1.jpg

The Sperry train is the weedkiller? Why's it called that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

That's not the weedspray train ...
    It's a track recording train I think .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The Sperry unit itself is the yellow container that house all the testing equipment. They have two weedkiller tankers coupled to the train to provide added brake force as the brakes on the 071s are on the light side. Last year they had two spoil wagons on the rear of another Sperry wagon, they just use whatever is free at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,872 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13713567@N06/6942413195/in/set-72157629481589663/lightbox/

What a sight and one we won't ever see again. The guy whos pictures these are is the same guy who put up those videos of cork steam 1985 which is on here somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/13713567@N06/6942413195/in/set-72157629481589663/lightbox/

What a sight and one we won't ever see again. The guy whos pictures these are is the same guy who put up those videos of cork steam 1985 which is on here somewhere.

that is an amazing set of photos!

Advertisement