Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Con Logue

Here's a series of photographs I took at Tuam Railway Station in August 2005.

601002_379551405494636_1247259961_n.jpg

486878_379551695494607_1193447295_n.jpg

935014_379551872161256_790074450_n.jpg

393103_379552232161220_725122370_n.jpg

11791_379552365494540_1699125543_n.jpg

• Advertisement

946318_379552555494521_859525893_n.jpg

The End.

923004_379552752161168_55955763_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

Good evening folks,

I took a spin to Mallow and Limerick today, primarily to see operations at Mallow while the line to Cork is closed.
    Photos begin at http://smu.gs/16OL24O

Enjoy,
    The Wanderer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Good evening folks,

I took a spin to Mallow and Limerick today, primarily to see operations at Mallow while the line to Cork is closed.
    Photos begin at http://smu.gs/16OL24O

Enjoy,
    The Wanderer.

Top work as always. In relation to the comment on 209, it's HEP gear is knackered and since all the EGVs have been taken out of service it can't work the Enterprise service until they have their problems sorted. Part of the reason why NIR didn't repaint it along with 8208 some years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,494 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Cobh and the Emerald Princess
    20130506_133708_zps3447e7ed.jpg

• Advertisement

Top work as always. In relation to the comment on 209, it's HEP gear is knackered and since all the EGVs have been taken out of service it can't work the Enterprise service until they have their problems sorted. Part of the reason why NIR didn't repaint it along with 8208 some years ago.

Oh I do know the history behind 209's lack of HEP. I just find it amusing that a loco which is in a special livery never works the service which it was built for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Cobh and the Emerald Princess

What a run down dump. Is it really beyond IE to even keep the weeds down within the station - especially given its immediate proximity to the Heritage Centre? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

is there no runround loop anymore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

corktina wrote: »
    is there no runround loop anymore?

No need - the weedsprayer is the only loco hauled train on the branch every year. All in line with making things as inflexible as possible. I wonder are the toilets still closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

No need - the weedsprayer is the only loco hauled train on the branch every year.

And the Sperry. Every time they have to send a loco down after the train to haul it back and the loco that was hauling the train to run light behind it.

so no more steam then?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Took a walk along the old railway line through Barnesmore Gap between Ballybofey and Donegal town yesterday. Lovely walk and great scenery!

http://pix.ie/dregin/3243751

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

so no more steam then?

Never say never, the fact that you are looking for two paths down and back (one for the train and one for the engine to lift the train) does make thinks more difficult but not impossible. The RPSI are running a charter to Cobh and Middleton with and 071 and cravens in July.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

I remember going to Fota in the 1980's for a scout Jamboree.

We brought a weeks equipment, large tents (no lightweight fibreglass yokes back then), cookers, food etc. etc. on the train and changed train twice to get there. The guards van was well loaded with kit.

Could Irish Rail handle that kind of business these days?

Never say never, the fact that you are looking for two paths down and back (one for the train and one for the engine to lift the train) does make thinks more difficult but not impossible. The RPSI are running a charter to Cobh and Middleton with and 071 and cravens in July.

it's a pity IE aren't more flexible on liveries, an 071 and cravens in matching balck and gold woudl be popular (with me anyway) even more so a pair of 141s

Paths: culd the train go to Cobh top'n tailed like they do in the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

it's a pity IE aren't more flexible on liveries, an 071 and cravens in matching balck and gold woudl be popular (with me anyway) even more so a pair of 141s

Paths: culd the train go to Cobh top'n tailed like they do in the UK?

As far as I know it is not permitted to top and tail under the rule book but setting that aside it is not possible to top and tail with vacuum brake stock as the brakes on the locos are air braked and it would not be possible to release them.

As far as I know it is not permitted to top and tail under the rule book but setting that aside it is not possible to top and tail with vacuum brake stock as the brakes on the locos are air braked and it would not be possible to release them.
    This is correct. Even with air braking it's only possible with 201s because the coaches don't have a passthrough for the independent brake pipe, which is required for the older locos. You'd have to run the rear loco unbraked which is a big safety no-no.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,372 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I remember going to Fota in the 1980's for a scout Jamboree.

We brought a weeks equipment, large tents (no lightweight fibreglass yokes back then), cookers, food etc. etc. on the train and changed train twice to get there. The guards van was well loaded with kit.

Mark 4s and DDs have luggage vans, although it would obviously depend on how many scouts and how much gear.

Evening all,

Just a couple of photos from last weekend and today.
    - Saturday sees 22038 at Waterford and 22062 + 22023 at Pallasgreen.
    - Sunday sees 221 passing Cuddagh with the 1200 Heuston - Cork.

- Today (Wednesday) saw 073 bring the Weedspray train from North Wall to M3 Parkway, bringing some welcome relief to the staple diet of 22000 and 29000 Classes. Also included is a photo of repainted 077 crossing Gormanston Viaduct with the 1225 Tara Mines - Alexandra Road. Thanks to GM233 for the use of Wednesday's photos.

http://smu.gs/17w6mfL

The Wanderer.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Nice picture of 071 in her new livery,stolen from Facebook,complete with orange wiper

5JsMYU.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,494 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

No, we did it several times in the early 2000's and will be done again next year and the gear has to go down in a van. IE have no interest in dealing with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭GMKK96

Rud wrote: »
    Nice picture of 071 in her new livery,stolen from Facebook,complete with orange wiper

5JsMYU.jpg

That's my pic. What facebook page is it on?:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Advertisement