Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carlow IT Criminal Law Summer Exam

• 29-07-2011 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I was just wondering if anybody sat the Criminal Law Exam in Carlow IT this Summer 2011, I deferred this subject and I am sitting my exam in August this year (2011), I was wondering if anybody knew or could tell me what questions and the breakdown of questions that came up on the paper? Feel like Im going in a bit blind, I have tried contacting the college to get a copy of the paper, as I work full time, I dont have time to wait on them!

PLEASE HELP!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

The past papers are on blackboard and in hard copy format in the library.

The college doesn't send them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tevez1

Unfortunately, the past papers are only available oncampus on blackboard, as i work full time, i cant get down to the college

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dreadlegion

Fellow worker, I feel your pain.

I still have the criminal law paper at home ( I hope), I'll check tonight and if I can I'll get some info up.

Great thanks so much, really appreciate it!

OK,
    Q1 Three situations q's on theft and fraud offences
    Q2 Assault, causing harm and serious harm, discuss citing legislation
    Q3 Recklessness, but dealing with endangerment false imprisonment and others
    Q4 Invalidation of consent to sex and also suggested changes to legislation to the mental element of this area.
    Q5 Strict Liability
    Q6 Provocation
    Q7 Short note on two of: co-incidence of actus reus and mens rea; joint enterprise/common design; infancy
    Q8 Intoxication

As you know these q's will inevitably touch on other areas, however briefly.

Send me a PM with a postal address and I'll send you a copy of the paper.

Best of luck.

• Advertisement

Brilliant thanks so much, really really appreciate it, address is Rehabilitative Services, St. Canices HOspital, Kilkenny.

Thanks again, life saver!

No hassle in the Castle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭patdshaker

Out of interest you say you deferred it
    One question for you so by any chance was it because you failed the exam?
    I am only asking this because I am doing the repeat and I dont think that Ill pass it and If I fail and I have to repeat then I ll have to drop out because I wont be able to repeat a year

Advertisement